IGNORED

Intellivision GOTY 2019

vprette

Vote your favourite game  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Select a game

• Aardwark (Intvrevolution)
    • Anthropomorfic force (Elektronite)
    • Blix/Chocolate Mine (Midnight Blue International)
    • Deep pockets (Blue Sky Rangers)
    • Deep zone (Intvrevolution)
    • Defender of the crown (Elektronite)
    • Fubar (Intvrevolution)
    • king of the mountains (Blue Sky Rangers)
    • Jungle hunt (Collectorvision)
    • League of light (Intvrevolution)
    • Melody runner (Intvrevolution)
    • Ninja odyssey (Elektronite)
    • Quo vadis (Inty-Home)
    • Robot rubble (Intvrevolution)
    • Spiker (Blue Sky Rangers)
    • Tnt cowboy (Elektronite)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 10:59 PM

9 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I like the idea of having 5 "votes" to disperse.  I could give 1 each to my top 5, give all 5 to my favorite, split up 3+ 1 + 1, etc.  I understand we don't have the functionality, but I think it would tell a much different story.

I dont agree with multiple votes to the same title

another idea: each member can give three votes, each with different weight. Vote A is worth 3 points, vote B is worth 2 points and vote C is worth 1 point, so it takes three votes C to have a vote A, and so on. This way each voter can express a sort of order of preference and is not forced to choose one title among many he likes.

In the electoral system science this techinque is called ranked voting (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranked_voting).

Just my 2 Hong Kong cents

Yes, that is exactly what the suggestion was on the previous page. The addition of a pool of votes where you can distribute them as you like was a later idea, which certainly could work as long as you know the voters are serious and honest, not here to disrupt.

I had a brief look online, but the support for polls in the Invision Power Board this forum runs on appears a little sketchy, many people asking for added features since almost ten years back and despite an active marketplace where you can buy added functionality in code modules, very little is available. The module Albert bought, in order to hide vote results is just about the only I found. Many people use external services, specialized in surveys but it would move the vote out of the forum. Perhaps some complex system where the GOTY administrator hands out tickets to the poll (through PM?) and it is run elsewhere is a possibility to keep some control on who casts a vote, or of course if it is possible to create a topic on the forum that is only visible to logged in members where a generic link is displayed. Maybe I'm over complicating things. Writing down your poll votes in a message would be more manual work but open for all kinds of formats, or simply stick with what the forum already allows: either one vote or a multiple choice poll where you could select every game but one to be your GOTY candidates...

4 hours ago, intellivotion said:

another idea: each member can give three votes, each with different weight. Vote A is worth 3 points, vote B is worth 2 points and vote C is worth 1 point, so it takes three votes C to have a vote A, and so on. This way each voter can express a sort of order of preference and is not forced to choose one title among many he likes.

In the electoral system science this techinque is called ranked voting (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranked_voting).

Just my 2 Hong Kong cents

This is pretty similar to my idea, but it forces a little more distributed voting.  You're essentially giving 3 votes to your favorite, 2 votes to your second, and 1 vote to your third.  I just suggested allowing for distribution however you want, though I doubt most people would give all five to a single game.  Some would.  Honestly, I think both accomplish the same thing and would have comparable results.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

You know guys, maybe I'm missing something, but this is not the Oscars or anything.

5 minutes on Survey Monkey and you get a few categories setup with 1 vote per person.

Do we need anything more complicated than that?

To me the real value is what you do AFTER the vote, it's about the commemoration, the encouragement, etc.

However, in the current state it seems that the reactions are either:

- apathy

- let's talk about mechanics

I'm probably missing some context, and my intention is not to offend anyone... but something feels off :-(

18 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

You know guys, maybe I'm missing something, but this is not the Oscars or anything.

5 minutes on Survey Monkey and you get a few categories setup with 1 vote per person.

Do we need anything more complicated than that?

To me the real value is what you do AFTER the vote, it's about the commemoration, the encouragement, etc.

However, in the current state it seems that the reactions are either:

- apathy

- let's talk about mechanics

I'm probably missing some context, and my intention is not to offend anyone... but something feels off ?

It's the same discussion as every year in the past. ;) 

One extreme outcome of a multi vote scenario is that the game nobody voted for as the best, but everyone voted for as second best, wins the poll ahead of all the others. Depending on what you mean by Game of the Year, that might be allright or completely not what was the intention. To some extent that can be smoothed out by having three votes per person, weighted as 10 pts, 4 pts and 1 point.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, carlsson said:

One extreme outcome of a multi vote scenario is that the game nobody voted for as the best, but everyone voted for as second best, wins the poll ahead of all the others. Depending on what you mean by Game of the Year, that might be allright or completely not what was the intention. To some extent that can be smoothed out by having three votes per person, weighted as 10 pts, 4 pts and 1 point.

we should consider how many 2nd places are collected by one title only when we have a draw on the number of 1st places votes

so.. game A get 1 first place

game B get 3 second places

game A win

game A get 1 first and 1 second place

game B get 1 first place and 1 third place

game A win

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mr_me said:

What's Melody Runner about?

Since there isn't much to go on, from what I gather from the back of the box, you can pick to be a dinosaur or a unicorn (hence, the characters on the box front) and you run and jump over obstacles to music for points (endless runner). There may be more to it.

1 hour ago, Swami said:

Since there isn't much to go on, from what I gather from the back of the box, you can pick to be a dinosaur or a unicorn (hence, the characters on the box front) and you run and jump over obstacles to music for points (endless runner). There may be more to it.

Nope. That's pretty much it.

Melody-Runner.thumb.jpg.74b7cc8af8dc79c193c657ecf34cd2eb.jpg

25 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

I heard a rumour that if you get to 10,000 points there’s a

cutscene where

the dinosaur and the unicorn make sweet music together...but I may be mistaken...

given that Rev released the game I expect the dinosaur and the unicorn to make something together even sweeter than music