IGNORED

Af9g wont see SD card

• 2 weeks later...

Im having the same problem, I  just got a flashback 9 & it wont recognise any SD cards. I have tried 3 different cards (a 256mb, 2gb & 4gb), each one has the same result, the unit boots up as normal & the SD card menu is greyed out.

I have tried formatting the cards (full format , not quick format), followed the update instructions to the letter. I have also formatted with SD's own formatting tool as recommended on here, I have contacted AT games support & they have sent me here.

Any help appreciated. 

On 1/17/2020 at 12:43 PM, nth said:

Im having the same problem, I  just got a flashback 9 & it wont recognise any SD cards. I have tried 3 different cards (a 256mb, 2gb & 4gb), each one has the same result, the unit boots up as normal & the SD card menu is greyed out.

I have tried formatting the cards (full format , not quick format), followed the update instructions to the letter. I have also formatted with SD's own formatting tool as recommended on here, I have contacted AT games support & they have sent me here.

Any help appreciated. 

Did you update the firmware?

22 hours ago, nth said:

I cant update the firmware as its not seeing any SD cards

Just because the "SD Card" menu option is grayed out doesn't mean that the console can't read the SD card.

You need to update the firmware in order to enable the menu option from the UI. The console software is designed to automatically read the SD card for firmware whether or not the menu option is enabled.

I have tried to update following the instructions on the website to the letter. Renaming the file etc again tried this with 3 different SD cards as above. It still won’t do anything, when i start the console with the SD card inserted nothing happens, it just boots up as normal.

42 minutes ago, nth said:

I have tried to update following the instructions on the website to the letter. Renaming the file etc again tried this with 3 different SD cards as above. It still won’t do anything, when i start the console with the SD card inserted nothing happens, it just boots up as normal.

Then the console is defective.