IGNORED

Robot Zed Update!

Sprybug

I've finally finished the after level menu system and wanted to show it off and let you play around with it.  I have given you all the robots you can rescue to switch powers with.  I can't test the save feature since I do not have an AtariVox, nor even if I did, a way to test it through emulation.  When I try it, it just locks up the game.  However, when I remove the file init part, it will pretend save, so if anyone out there has an AtarVox that you can run through Stella, please let me know!  For now, it's just going to lock up on you when you try to save, so best not to choose it right now.  The game will also crash and reset after the title screen for the level you chose appears, because the levels have yet to be made!  This is the next part I am going to work on. :)  Enjoy!

RobotZed_15.bas.bin

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2020 at 12:06 AM, Kiwi said:

You could make a password screen like Mega Man.  I don't have an AtariVox either.

I have thought of that several times.  I also wanted to take advantage of the Robotic voices that the AtariVox could produce, so I thought to try it all.  Unfortunately Stella doesn't emulate it without the actual physical device hooked up, so I can't actually test it.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 12:46 PM, Sprybug said:

I have thought of that several times.  I also wanted to take advantage of the Robotic voices that the AtariVox could produce, so I thought to try it all.  Unfortunately Stella doesn't emulate it without the actual physical device hooked up, so I can't actually test it.

Maybe you could figure out how to have speech without using AtariVox:

atariage.com/forums/topic/302053-speech-without-using-digitized-sound-or-atarivox/

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 3:40 PM, Random Terrain said:

atariage.com/forums/topic/302053-speech-without-using-digitized-sound-or-atarivox/

Thanks RT.  I wanted to use AtariVox for both it's saving/loading and speech abilities.  I mainly just wanted the load and save feature, but the robotic speech was just a nice bonus for my game since it fits in perfectly with the theme.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 3:40 PM, Random Terrain said:

Thanks RT.  I wanted to use AtariVox for both it's saving/loading and speech abilities.  I mainly just wanted the load and save feature, but the robotic speech was just a nice bonus for my game since it fits in perfectly with the theme.

• Like 2

Oh, since this is the Robot Zed update thread, thought I would say that Robo City now has a finished musical soundtrack and the level designs are finished and implemented along with a new flying enemy.  Testing is underway ATM on the level and there are plenty of bugs I am working out.

• Like 5