IGNORED

Classic Gamer74 is back and now on Bitchute

classicgamer74

After a month off I have decided to bring back my channel, but instead of Youtube, I have decided to continue my channel on a less=-restrictive platform, Bitchute.  Please check out my latest video and subscribe if you haven't already.  Thank you everyone for the continued support!

https://www.bitchute.com/video/RHNUdAKKwYpG/

Edited by classicgamer74
  • Like 1

I thought it was something like that, that is why I linked directly to my BitChute Channel. Anyway, watched and subbed. I also commented about some other Video hosts sites you might consider or at least make an back up account to. 

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
correct

https://www.bitchute.com/video/n5aDkM1CQuiT/

My latest episode is now up on Bitchute, the new home for my channel.  This episode is about early Soccer games like Pele's Soccer, RS Soccer, etc.  This episode focuses on console games, as I plan to have a followup later on about soccer games in the arcade and computer.  

Please sign up with Bitchute so you can subscribe to my channel.  Thank you!

I tired Bitchute but was not impressed at all. None of my YT channel vids ever imported over using the site that was created to do that, and like 2 or 3 of my recently released vids on YT that should have linked over on Bitchute never did either. So I killed my Bitchute account and it just seems like too much hassle to have to upload my vids to more than one service like that. Maybe if they get more users that aren't bothered by these same issues, they can improve and I'm happy to take another look at them when that time comes.

• Like 1

Check out my latest episode, back on YouTube.  We discuss war games for the 2600.  The games here are about tanks, planes and choppers.  I've even included two prototypes, one that was just recently made available to the public.  Check it out and please don't forget to Subscribe if you haven't already. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As requested, Red and I do a walkthrough of Riddle of the Sphinx.  There are some games that you really do need the manual for.  Nowadays you need to go online to get a game manual.  But in a lot of games for my PS4 they do take you by the hand and show you a lot. :(  Like we needed that back in the day. 

In the latest episode I continue to discuss Frogger's various ports, this time the computer versions.  I also showcase The Official Frogger from Starpath and Froggie for the 7800.  What was your favorite/least favorite port of Frogger?  

Edited by classicgamer74

Haha, that DOS version *is* pretty bad and totally agree about the original Sierra C64 port (it's now been remade, see below), but this has gotta be my all time least favorite version of Frogger ever:

Timex Sinclair 1000. Considering the hardware... gotta hand it to what the programmer accomplished here, but still.

Similar to the TRS-80 Model I version - both by Cornsoft.

Here's an updated Frogger Arcade version for the C64:

On 2/9/2020 at 8:14 PM, classicgamer74 said:

In a new AVP I compare Frogger to its various console ports.  Can you think of any other arcade game where the ports truly maintained the integrity of the original game like this?  Let me know.  

YT is bringing the hammer down. These lose hundreds of millions of dollars a year!

Supercharger Frogger is hands down the best 8 bit home version of the game from that time.  There is an excellent C64 version, but it was released very recently (like in the last 3 years time frame), but outside of that, I really can't think of a frogger version that does a good a job as supercharger frogger.

No arguments here!  Although you have to take into consideration the limits of the game systems of that time.  I believe they still maintain the integrity of the arcade game, nonetheless.  I discuss the Supercharger version in episode 110.  

I think the Supercharger was amazing all around.  Did you have one?  I didn't and none of my friends did.