IGNORED

7800 Ballblazer prototype?

CincYnoTi

I put this up on ebay today, not really sure if it is a final production version or what. Then I noticed on the screen shot that I took there is something I didn't recognize that made me start to wonder if it's NOT the final version. The second screen shows

Atari Corporation,

authorized user

Any thoughts on whether this is a final version or some near-finished WIP?

IMG_8534.JPEG

IMG_8582.JPG

On 1/5/2020 at 10:59 PM, Tempest said:

Yep I have one of those still as well.

Did any of the eproms that were sold with that zif board have any games on them? I've tried them all and... nothing. I don't even know if they are 7800 or 2600 eproms or something else. Only the Ballblazer chip works.

8 minutes ago, CincYnoTi said:

Did any of the eproms that were sold with that zif board have any games on them? I've tried them all and... nothing. I don't even know if they are 7800 or 2600 eproms or something else. Only the Ballblazer chip works.

No, they were all junk data IIRC.

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, Mitch said:

As long as there is part of the pin still on there you can solder the clipped off end of a resistor or capacitor on to it and it will work fine. I have done that a few times. A prosthetic Pokey pin.

Mitch

I think that's beyond my skill.  Maybe I can send it to someone to try and save?

1 hour ago, Mitch said:

That is definitely repairable. Do you have anyone local that can help you out with it?

Mitch

ClausB is close to me, maybe he can help me save this.  Otherwise I can send it out to someone.

so your repair idea is to solder small wire bits to the pins?  

Not actual wire.

When you install a new resistor or capacitor it always has longer leads than you actually need. After you solder the part in, you clip off the excess lead. Those extra clippings generally work well to fix chip legs. You just have to make sure you use ones that are thick enough not to bend too easily.

Mitch