IGNORED

iiRcade Machine - multicade and barcade

negative1

• 5 months later...

iiRcade has gone live on Kickstarter and already reached its goal:

The machine has been redesigned since it was previewed, and I like the new look.  Despite my love for the dedicated Arcade1Up machines, I've decided to back this for a number of reasons, one of them being Dragon's Lair is one of the official pre-loaded games (as of this writing, there are a total of 10 games included).  The current pre-installed game list is as follows:

Dragon's Lair
Double Dragon
Beach Buggy Racing
Snow Board Championship
Fancy World
Thunder Hoop
Twin Brats
Maniac Square
Powe Balls
Gunbird

What sold me ultimately is their sales strategy: you'll be able to buy the fully licensed ROMs for download from their game store to the device, in effect making your own multi-game system.  I'm a sucker for the older and more obscure games, and one of my favorite is Naughty Boy, and its one of the available ROMs.  There is a partial game list here:

https://www.iircade.com/pages/games

You can buy the Bar Top or the stand up version (Bar Top + base), which is the one I got.  I am very much looking forward to adding this new system to my library, and I think it will be a good companion for my Arcade1Up cabinets, filling in the gaps on games that most likely wouldn't see a dedicated release of their own.  

• Like 1

iiRcade Black cabinet introduced - all black cabinet that you can skin anyway you want - includes 128GB storage upgrade and Sanwa sticks, as well as Double Dragon skin:

3e41719c2623da4cc80d776c87254ff5_original.jpg

Unlike the Dragon's Lair edition which can only be ordered as a bartop + stand, the black edition can be ordered as a bartop only.  Keep in mind the graphics pictured are not pre-installed like the Dragon's Lair premium cabinet, they are included and must be installed yourself.

$500,000 stretch goal met, so now the customized iiRcade version of Bombsquad will be included with every cab, for a total of 11 games:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
5 hours ago, NeonSpaceBeagle said:

Or maybe it comes across as very Ikea..  I don't know, they look cheap and tacky to me and I don't understand the real purpose other than faux nostalgia.  

Owning several Arcade1Up cabs I can tell you assembled the iiRcade looks nothing like something from ikea (despite it coming flat packed).  It's heavy, the 19" screen pops, and for weeks my gameroom smelled like freshly cut wood.  This is a heavy, imposing cabinet in person.  I like the colors on the stock cab, and only upgraded to their Dragon's Lair themed cab for the Sanwa joysticks and 128 GB storage.  If you're one of those die hard arcade cab people it's probably not for you.  If people are looking for a multi cade with a mix of old and new styled games to buy and keep, it's a fantastic machine.  And the companies and games they're adding just make it better and better.

51 minutes ago, NeonSpaceBeagle said:

I was a little bit harsh on these in my previous post.. they don't actually seem that bad based on your description.  

Nah, I get it.  The first run of the Arcade1Up cabs were cheaply made and riddled with defects.  It cast a shadow on the whole genre and did little for the 3/4 cab reputation.  But systems like the Legends Ultimate and the iiRcade have taken things up a notch.  And iiRcade has set the bar even higher.  Like Legends they have provided patches and system updates to improve game performance, as well as introduce new features. iiRcade listens to its customer base and responds accordingly.   Their CEO still holds 1+ hour long Facebook Live sessions 2x a week to discuss what's going on, what's coming up and where things are at currently.  He also provides gameplay footage of upcoming releases.  iiRcade has even introduced a replacement screen protector to replace the stock plexi that many people disliked - the new one is a true tempered glass cover, which should really take their cabinet to an arcade quality product.  Plus, who doesn't like a 100 watt sound system in their cab?  They're not for everybody, I get it.  I'd love to build my own multi cade but seeing as how I have two Neo Geo Gold cabs to work on plus a SEGA Star Trek: SOS environmental cab to restore, its so much more enjoyable to have one cab to play arcade titles on without having to tweak this or adjust that.  Just turn in on and play.  Same thing happened with me and PC gaming that moved me over to console gaming when the Xbox first came out.  Its just easier for me.  I'm in front of a PC for 10 hours a day, last place I want to be when I'm in the mood for gaming.  If you ever get a chance check out the iiRcade first hand.  

Edited by 128Kgames
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Kind of a "necrobump" of sorts...but iiRcade is alive and well.  I got one around a year ago and just love it.  It's a solid entry; I got the Dragon's Lair one with the Sanwa controls.  Steady stream of games have arrived, perhaps nothing earthshaking but still a really great library to pick from.

They're now released newer "Gold" Cabinets with Bat Top sticks, new art, lit marquees, and a more US style look to them, along with better speakers and most importantly a USB port for light guns and trackball hookups.

Personally I love my older version, just like the look better without an "overhang", but that's personal choice.

Anyway, just kind of wanted to bump the topic a bit as an owner and fan.  I'm a member of several FB communities that talk iiRcade, but I hate FB so...ya know.  Trying to get some activity here :)

Currently playing the newest "big" release, Ninja Baseball Bat Man.  Also enjoying the unholy hell out of Cabal, Elevator Action, Time Killers, 10 Yard Fight, Congo Bongo, Mayhem Brawler, and Galactic Champions TV.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say how crazy I am for the newest iiRcade release, both because the game is INCREDIBLE, And because it's FREE!  Such a great treat for all of us!!

If you have an iiRcade, GET THIS.  Then thank the developer:  https://ko-fi.com/satryn  

If you have Steam but not an iiRcade, it's like $4 to buy the Deluxe version of the game.  You won't regret it, it's intense!  Happy day! :)

Satryn 2.png

Satryn gif.gif

Satryn.jpg

• 4 months later...