IGNORED

FS: Robotron 2084 for Atari 7800

xucaen

Cartridge and manual only, no box, $10 including shipping - I will ship this first class mail within the US only. If you live outside the US or want this shipped some other way you'll have to pay the shipping.

PM me if interested.

Kind regards,

20200106_140524.thumb.jpg.449f7c3984733e5668693fb7f93a0063.jpg

5 hours ago, xucaen said:

Just thought I'd mention, I'm not really a collector. I buy the games I want to play, and this one is an extra. So if no one wants it I'll toss it.

Kind regards,

4 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

toss it as in THROW IT AWAY?? Please don't do that! 

Yeah seriously, please don’t throw it away. Anything but that. In fact, if absolutely nobody is interested at all and you’re desperate to get rid of it, donate it to a thrift store. Chances are it’ll eventually end up with a collector or a reseller and if it goes to a reseller then it’ll still eventually make its way to a collector. But don’t throw it away.

2 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Yeah seriously, please don’t throw it away. Anything but that. In fact, if absolutely nobody is interested at all and you’re desperate to get rid of it, donate it to a thrift store. Chances are it’ll eventually end up with a collector or a reseller and if it goes to a reseller then it’ll still eventually make its way to a collector. But don’t throw it away.

Or alternatively, I don’t know if Albert takes 7800 carts but apparently he likes to take carts for homebrews.

41 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

I'll take it!!

I'm a bit embarrassed I don't already have this haha...Just hadn't gotten around to it yet...

PM incoming!

You'll enjoy it. Very well done port. Also, if you're so inclined to play with two 7800 joysticks, a joystick coupler like this one will work well!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xucaen said:

The cart is on its way to Goldleader! B-)

@GoldLeader Glad you got it. The 7800 version of Robotron is excellent and deserves to be in everyone's library.  Now you'll need one of these to complete the arcade experience.;)

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, xucaen said:

I want one of those too! B-)

I can’t say enough good things about this controller. I also own an Edladdin Supreme 78:All-Play 4/8 and am happy with each controller.  

Edladdin builds a quality controller.?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

@GoldLeader Glad you got it. The 7800 version of Robotron is excellent and deserves to be in everyone's library.  Now you'll need one of these to complete the arcade experience.;)

Hell Yeah Mr. Ramirez!!

I probably won't be going that Crazy though...But my Favorite Joystick Ever is my custom Edladdin CV Super Arcade + !  It might not be ideal for Robotron, but works well for about 90% of my games :)

image.thumb.jpeg.0c7a4c992c9d25a4b2754b1859a06102.jpeg

I also found one on eBay once, but I'm not seeing it now,...That was a 3D printed dual gamepad type of stick...like an NES pad but wired for 7800 that had a D-Pad on each side...That would be neat, but it was around $50 and I'd probably only use it on one game so...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Hell Yeah Mr. Ramirez!!

I probably won't be going that Crazy though...But my Favorite Joystick Ever is my custom Edladdin CV Super Arcade + !  It might not be ideal for Robotron, but works well for about 90% of my games :)

image.thumb.jpeg.0c7a4c992c9d25a4b2754b1859a06102.jpeg

That custom Edladdin controller is great!

• Thanks 1

I also had a Great thought on the controller...I have a very cool PS2 controller that has 2 sticks....(Like so...It's exactly this one)....

image.jpeg.5f668cded4224067fcb4dfe4923a949d.jpeg

And with an adapter,  I'm pretty sure it will control an Atari 7800...I need to double check this,  as the adapter is technically for a Sega Mega Drive, but I seem to recall it working in the past...But at the moment, I only have 1 adapter and I'll need 2...They've gone up in price (of course) to $22 each,  but the company has some other stuff I might want so maybe after I save up some dough (which is extremely tight as of late) I'll place an order and then I can enjoy the veritable masterpiece that is Robotron!

On 1/9/2020 at 7:30 AM, sramirez2008 said:

That custom Edladdin controller is great!

Thanks!

I had him build it in a similar design to the one I had as a kid for my ColecoVision (Which I'd ordered out of a magazine).  That one did not have a keypad, but had 2 buttons next to each other on each side, and an aracde style ball-top stick in the middle.  The buttons on my old one were arcade parts, the stick was plastic (not arcade parts) and went to leaf switches, not Awesome MicroSwitches (which I quite prefer).  It was black plastic with I want to say red, white, and blue striping and when it wore out...Like a retarded idiot, I did the unthinkable and threw it out!!  God!  I could kick myself (OK I am Kicking myself...HARD! LOL)...Especially, when I consider how cool the sloping case was and that I could probably (Now) retro-fit it with Sanwa parts...TBH, I get almost sick thinking about it...The real kicker is I've absolutely Never seen another one like  my old one on eBay or anywhere else...and I have no idea which  magazine from 1982 had that joystick in the back...There was even a review of it in the magazine!  Someday I'll figure out what it was or at least find an old picture of it...(*sigh*) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Great...now you’ve got me looking through 80’s mags online.?

Haha!  Awesome!

Also it could have been 1983...I mean, my memory is not the best.  I'm pretty sure I paid $40 for that controller, which at the time, seemed like a ton of money!   I also remember the review talking about how durable it was or wasn't, and saying something to the effect of it might wear out or break if it were impacted from the top, or something like that.  I seem to remember it had a very good warranty, on paper at least...But I'm sure the company had gone  out of business by the time mine wore out...

Be sure to post or PM me if you ever see something similar OK?   To me,...Well, this is one of my Holy Grails of memory... from times long past ...Umm.. Is that a thing?  (Well,  You know what I mean...You get it!)...:D

• Like 1

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!

And you'll never guess where!

aaeaaqaaaaaaaawbaaaajdc5zjcxoti5lwy1mjat

MrRetroGamer

• MrRetroGamer
  • River Patroller
  • pip_rank_joysticks_7.gif
  • 2,379 posts
J.Max said:
The Wico contollers have the best joystick, but the action buttons on the side of the controllers are terrible.

I don't even like the feel of that joystick, it's got no range of motion and the internal mechanism is garbage.

For the true Arcade Experience, I like to use either my Questar 2 button joystick or the 2 button GIM Fire Command. Both are solid (the GIM is made of METAL), and they both use "Old School" leaf spring contacts for the joystick and buttons for just the right feel. A 9 pin Y cable can be used to hook up to a stock controller, but I like the Champ keypad adapter instead - you plug your joystick into that and the adapter goes into the console. Naturally these are extremely rare so not everyone has the opportunity to play on one, but they do exist and are some of the best examples of aftermarket CV controllers out there.

post-41-1235836386_thumb.jpg

post-41-1235836398_thumb.jpg

post-41-1235836407_thumb.jpg

•  

• Like 1