IGNORED

XM has shipped!

Curt Vendel

Proof or it didn't happen! Just kidding. Glad to hear that, Curt. Thanks for all of your hard work on this project. When do you anticipate sales of the XM will go live to the general public, as in, non-preorders? Will it be for sale in the AtariAge Store or elsewhere. Cheers.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, eebuckeye said:

What is/are the best games that can be purchased now that have the best use of the XM?

The best ones are Froggie and Beefdrop Ve right now.  Those two games use the pokey sound chip that the XM has built in and High Score cart feature the XM has. That means you don't need the pokey one version of either game.

Outside of that, there are bunch of homebrews that use the high score cart feature the XM has.

Edited by 8th lutz

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

I just hope this inspires these brilliant folks to produce more of their great stuff, but now utilizing both POKEY sound and YM music. :) 

All games like Plutos, Sirius and Impossible Mission now can be constructed without using extra RAM too. Commando hacks don't need a pokey chip, BBQC doesn't need a pokey anymore,etc. But all that is only when the masses have an XM. Right now, as Walter said, I'll believe it when it's in my hands. It's looking like that could be sooner than later which is a good thing.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 5:03 PM, Curt Vendel said:

That’s right... pigs are flying and the dark one is wearing a parka in hell today...

The first XM was dropped at the Post Office on its way to Perry Thuente.

So is the unit you sent him using the final BIOS that will ship to the masses? Congats on getting that first one out the door. Probably starting to feel pretty good that the finish line is in sight.  Print off a couple hundred PCBs that will have most the component work done at the factory and then they should start flying out the door.

39 minutes ago, Giles N said:

It’s all ‘greek’ to this game-hound...

XM...?

...no extra RAM...?

...no need for pokey-chips...?

Whats it all abour...?

What is the 7800XM?

What features does the 7800XM have?

Is the 7800XM hard to install?

What tools do I need?

Does the 7800XM make all of my existing games better?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2020 at 2:03 PM, Curt Vendel said:

That’s right... pigs are flying and the dark one is wearing a parka in hell today...

The first XM was dropped at the Post Office on its way to Perry Thuente.

Well you did something that the people working Star Citizen couldn't do. Complete it.

8 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

"XM has shipped" is a misleading thread title.  Should be more like, the first assembled one (that might work), has shipped to a single person.

A minor detail, "tis but a flesh wound".  It is a step in the right direction.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Stephen said:

A minor detail, "tis but a flesh wound".  It is a step in the right direction.

Love Monty Python, especially the Holy Grail.

Hope the XM assembly line is able to ramp up production soon.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 7:46 PM, Shawn said:

So is the unit you sent him using the final BIOS that will ship to the masses? Congats on getting that first one out the door. Probably starting to feel pretty good that the finish line is in sight.  Print off a couple hundred PCBs that will have most the component work done at the factory and then they should start flying out the door.

Hi Shawn,

The Dev's are getting the last of the deep test BIOS, so it has all of the standard control functions but has all of the deep tests still in it and the plain menu, nothing fancing.  The End User version is going to have all of the deep tests removed and have a more user friendly menu and an embedded game since there is plenty of extra room.

Thats what I'm gonna shoot for is having all of the SMD stuff on the board and just I'll add on the PTH components, this will make things much easier for me.  I've been doing a lot of fine SMD work by hand, its been fun, but I sure as heck would'nt want to do this a couple hundred times LOL!

image.thumb.png.8da6a0823b3c2c0b576733653176dc09.png

• Like 7