IGNORED

XM has shipped!

Curt Vendel

5 minutes ago, tep392 said:

I'm really busy at work right now, so don't have much time to play with this, but I'll post a little something.  A while back I created some XM versions of Bob's Pac-man games.  These are 48k roms that contain both the TIA and POKEY sound code.  They check for the XM POKEY and will use it if present, or they default to the TIA sound.  Here's a little video of Ms. Pac-man 320. Sorry about the poor video.  I was holding my phone with one hand and working the joystick with the other. :)

Umm, you forgot to show the XM in the video :ponder: :P

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tep392 said:

I'm really busy at work right now, so don't have much time to play with this, but I'll post a little something.  A while back I created some XM versions of Bob's Pac-man games.  These are 48k roms that contain both the TIA and POKEY sound code.  They check for the XM POKEY and will use it if present, or they default to the TIA sound.  Here's a little video of Ms. Pac-man 320. Sorry about the poor video.  I was holding my phone with one hand and working the joystick with the other. :)

MSPMXM.thumb.jpg.0ca1d74bcf80be2e210590847aa71ef1.jpg

MSPMXM2.thumb.jpg.116aa9f7c8610f0675a079f176b92d01.jpg

This is exactly what I am hoping coders do is make games with both TIA and POKEY and when they see the POKEY in the XM they switch automatically to POKEY audio. This is great Perry!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Giles N said:

Does all this mean that

... if I had an XM..

I could buy the Froggo non-pokey version, the Circus AtariAge non-pokey versions... plug them in ... and get pokey-sound...?

Yes.

• Like 3

On 1/16/2020 at 1:08 AM, ApolloBoy said:

Hey Curt, I think my dad preordered one of these for me at Christmas years ago but I'm not sure if it's been cancelled or not. Can I send you an email through the preorder form even if I don't have the order number?

You’ll need something from him to show the purchase.  Please ask him if he retained an email or print out.  PM me his name & email and I can check on my end for you.

On 1/17/2020 at 12:04 AM, Giles N said:

Old dream come true?

How long has it been?

Too long! Way too long...  just glad to be making progress to getting these finally going out to people.  A bit late but tomorrow I’ll post some videos of 3 more built and shipping.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 12:08 AM, Giles N said:

Does all this mean that

... if I had an XM..

I could buy the Froggo non-pokey version, the Circus AtariAge non-pokey versions... plug them in ... and get pokey-sound...?

Absolutely!  It’s been asked and encouraged that coders try to have their games work in 2 modes so if a person doesn’t have an XM or doesn’t have a spare POKEY they can play their game without the POKEY audio and no high score keeping.

• Like 1