IGNORED

XM has shipped!

Curt Vendel

13 hours ago, haightc said:

how much height could you save by permanently mating the XM, is there ever a reason you could want to remove it?

That's what the case (at the top of this page) is for that I am designing.  No, there is no need to remove it once you have it.

I also was going to design a smaller 7800 case for the people who may have cracked theirs (or just want a new one) starting with the original 7800 design, but since Curt gave out the .STL files for the 7800 case I won't bother.

16 hours ago, Synthpopalooza said:

Just to let you all know I have ordered a Midijoy kit.  I plan on using it to write a 7800 program which will allow you to play 7800XM POKEY, TIA, YM as a MIDI instrument.   Wish me luck.

So you want me to get a divorce? Thanks buddy.. ?

• Haha 2

On 6/11/2020 at 8:46 AM, PacManPlus said:

That's what the case (at the top of this page) is for that I am designing.  No, there is no need to remove it once you have it.

I also was going to design a smaller 7800 case for the people who may have cracked theirs (or just want a new one) starting with the original 7800 design, but since Curt gave out the .STL files for the 7800 case I won't bother.

No reason you can't still make your own custom version.  I thought you mentioned to me you wanted to do new bottoms with AV and Svideo (maybe HDMI) ports on them - NOW THOSE WOULD SELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A smaller design would be VERY cool as well, you could pull the sides in quite a bit.

Edited by Curt Vendel
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 8:46 AM, PacManPlus said:

Might be fun to make the 7800 case into more of a SuperSystem look, hmmmmmm  ;-)

Thanks, Curt - Mimo

I'll have pictures in a few days of what I have come up with.  I like this redesigned base better than what I had before, and all I have to do is take out the extended XM part to have a regular, smaller base for people without the XM.

You'll see what I mean...   Stay tuned. :)

Bob

• Like 5

It would be interesting to see about using the original top and bottom of the 7800 shell and 3d printing a middle piece and stand offs to accommodate for the added XM. Printing it in white would make the 7800XM machine look like an Oreo :grin:

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 12:19 PM, SalemFrost7800 said:

Hello, has there been an update on these shipping? Sorry I have been away for awhile and was just checking in.

It shipped on January 6, but please expect 4-6 years for delivery.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Swami said:

It shipped on January 6, but please expect 4-6 years for delivery.

LOL!!!   No, that would be the Atari VCS you're thinking of :-D

I've already shipped out to quite a few 7800 developers.  Only thing I'm waiting for is the beta of the Consumer BIOS so it can be fully testing out on the final boards (the last version now has the Motor line on the SIO connected, just a very minor change.  All hardware work is done.   I also need the final Consumer BIOS so the manual can be written.   This is a rather extensive piece of software, as well as a rather impressive one as well.   It will actually redefine several of the console buttons during power up to allow certain functions and settings to be done as the console boots.   I already have an early version of the Consumer BIOS and it blew my mind when I tried it out, but many area's were not yet completed.   Any of the 7800 coders... well, a coder on any of these consoles will tell you, the software side takes time.   There are 3 people working on the BIOS and the Dev's have all seen a sneak peak of an early version of it as well as Albert.   I'm just putting together boards and readying them on my end.

• Like 17

Hi everyone...

Some sad news.  As many of you know, the boards are marked “Milo” who was my Pug.

Milo would be my shadow, never leave my side, sleep on my feet while I would sit at my desk and work.

The XM was named after him. Tonight around 7pm just after I gave him dinner, Milo passed away.  He was just over 15 years.  He had a good life and he was my boy, he was such a great friend.  Going to be tough not having him around and with me anymore.

image.thumb.jpeg.2f6ba5596dc4f90bc7d5e85ef5dc353d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 40

1 minute ago, Curt Vendel said:

Tonight around 7pm just after I gave him dinner, Milo passed away.  He was just over 15 years.  He had a good life and he was my boy, he was such a great friend.  Going to be tough not having him around and with me anymore.

??Oh no! My condolences, so sorry to hear this Curt. 

Pugs are such wonderful companions, I am sure you brought each other great joy. 

40 minutes ago, HatNJ said:

Sorry for your loss our pets are as much family as people

For sure, I still cry when I think about getting a new cat... and it has been.. 20 years? 

Sorry for your loss, Curt.  I actually cried about it when I read your post last night.  Granted I cry at any death now, since I lost my mother 2 years ago.

Out of all my friends, those two were my favorite (mother and cat).