IGNORED

XM has shipped!

Curt Vendel

How absolutely horrific.  I feel so bad for his family.  His wife works at a hospital in NYC and they have a school age daughter.  They just lost their pup of 15 years this past July and now they lost a father and husband.  We lost a great pillar of the community. Rest In Peace, Curt.

May his loved ones find peace and comfort during this difficult time.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

I haven't been here in awhile,was taking a break from the forums but I just heard about this on Twitter.

Depressed hearing this news. I've read his posts on this forum for years and it just seems crazy that he's now gone. This guy is gonna be missed. Life ain't fair sometimes and it makes you appreciate what you have around you. RIP Kurt. Strength to his friends and family tonight. 

• Like 3

Terrible news.  RIP Curt - you gave it one hell of a fight these past 8 years.  My heart goes out to his wife and young child.  I really hope all the work Curt did and everything he procured can be saved so folks in the future can not only learn from his work, but keep his spirit alive as well.

• Like 1

I don't think many people here realise just how much Curt has done for this hobby in general over the years, and not just for the 7800 community. He had his hands in everything ranging from the 2600 to the 8-bit and ST computer series, and even the Jaguar. All of us here owe him a huge debt of gratitude for how much he contributed to the hobby. RIP Curt, you will be sorely missed.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Truly sad news, in a truly sad year.  I've lost my father, my cousin her partner, and so many others have lost.  I only ever dealt with Curt on the XM, but he was always courteous, responsive and willing to talk when he had the time.  I hope if such a thing exists that Curt has found peace.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I woke up this afternoon and the first thing I see were all of the posts about Curt and am still in shock. Just sitting here for hours this evening trying to keep it together, I don't know very many people who love the hobby and Atari as much as he did. His contributions and resourcefulness will continue to forever benefit the community. He's provided so much fascinating information over the years, including breakthrough assets for the Jaguar having released the encryption keys/source code,etc., but I know his true love was always for the 7800. It certainly shows with how much time and effort he passionately put into the XM!

I'm terribly sorry to hear about his loss and feel deeply for his family, Curt was always very friendly to me and willing to try and help any chance he could. We were just exchanging e-mails Friday regarding Jaguar backup tapes and then just a few days later, he passes :(

May you rest in peace my friend! ?

• Like 7

And everyone was getting on the poor guy's case about the lack of updates on the XM...  Well, now we know why.  RIP to a giant in the Atari world, and probably the real world, too.  I only spoke to the guy on a couple of occasions via messenger but he a seemed a very friendly and forthright guy.  I'm sure that he will be missed in the community and my best wishes go out to his family.

• Like 3