Curt Vendel

XM has shipped!

17 hours ago, Defender_2600 said:

Thanks, I like them both. But speaking of WIP projects, let me say that D2K really will leave us breathless... :)
And, there are also 2 more impressive WIP of which at the moment I can not say anything... :)

I'm thinking of switching from D2K to Donkey Kong Remix.  I'm just finding D2K to be too difficult to play and not very fun.  Only problem is I'm having trouble getting in touch with the programmer to ask for his approval. 

Your graphics will of course still be used and very much appreciated.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tep392 said:

I'm thinking of switching from D2K to Donkey Kong Remix.  I'm just finding D2K to be too difficult to play and not very fun.  Only problem is I'm having trouble getting in touch with the programmer to ask for his approval. 

I really think you're right and I love the idea a lot. :)

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 12:50 PM, leech said:

Just nuke it all from orbit, it is the only way to be sure.

Ummmm...    Yeah, but then I'd need to order more!!!  LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 hours ago, RevEng said:

Now you're just being silly. 🙄 It's the name of the new MacOS release.

I thought it was Catalina?  ;-)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tep392 said:

I was never a big fan of DK2...   Now Popeye, I played the heck out of that game, loved it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Curt Vendel said:

I was never a big fan of DK2...   Now Popeye, I played the heck out of that game, loved it!

I just got the ok to do DK Remix. :)

• Like 10

Just now, sramirez2008 said:

Yessss!

I should also add that Synthpopalooza has offered to update the sounds. :)  I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with it.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, tep392 said:

I should also add that Synthpopalooza has offered to update the sounds. :)  I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with it.

This just gets better and better. Can’t wait to see and hear this one.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, tep392 said:

would it be possible to put BOTH games into one amazing cartridge? “D2K Remix” ????? I’d lose my mind if that happened!

8 minutes ago, Bobby Nelson said:

would it be possible to put BOTH games into one amazing cartridge? “D2K Remix” ????? I’d lose my mind if that happened!

That would be doing too full games and take twice as long.  I have other games I want to work on.  But thanks for the suggestion.

• Haha 1

The idea is ... on the recent POKEY version, the ramp music is an octave too high, and there is a technical reason:  $Ax on POKEY in 8 bit mode can not reach the low A#2 needed to play this note.  It only goes to B3, so the original Atari XL programmer transposed it up an octave. 

My solution is to pitch everything up one semitone to B2.  It will sound better :)

Edited by Synthpopalooza
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tep392 said:

doing too full games

Is it possible, to create a game, that is "too full"? :P

• Haha 5

Alternatively...

We can use the YM2151 to simulate the triangle waves and scratchy timbres of the arcade Donkey Kong.  It's going to take experimentation,  but I believe that by using algorithms 7 and 8, the desired sounds can be done.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Is it possible, to create a game, that is "too full"? :P

I swear I know how to spell “two”. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, tep392 said:

I swear I know how to spell “two”. 

Uh huh. "Your" not fooling anyone. ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mord said:

Uh huh. "Your" not fooling anyone. ;)

Your to funny. :)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tep392 said:

Your to funny. :)

I sure am glad I was able to fix my grammar mistake in another thread!  Though it would be fun just to start a 'non-sober' thread, where the requirement is to be drunk to post in, just to see where it goes!

Has it been stated when the XM will be available to the people that didn't pre-order?  Quite probable I missed it when partaking of Scotch or something.

More orders taken when you see all 250 shipped. Stay tuned. This has been said about 37 times in the last 9-12 XM threads over the decade but in case you missed it here it goes the 38th time just for you.

😛

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jinks said:

More orders taken when you see all 250 shipped. Stay tuned. This has been said about 37 times in the last 9-12 XM threads over the decade but in case you missed it here it goes the 38th time just for you.

😛

I don't remember there being 250 pre orders taken. I thought it was 100 or 150 but I could be completely wrong.

4 minutes ago, AtariBrian said:

I don't remember there being 250 pre orders taken. I thought it was 100 or 150 but I could be completely wrong.

Ya know what.. I could be wrong too. I guess two too many qwhiskeys from then till now to remember.. 

1 hour ago, Jinks said:

Ya know what.. I could be wrong too. I guess two too many qwhiskeys from then till now to remember.. 

But he's sure this is the 38th time it was mentioned.  Also, what's a Qwhiskey?  When you drink a whole bottle too quick and spew a fountain of it?

18 hours ago, Synthpopalooza said:

RevEng:  Would you be so kind as to convert the DX-100 factory patches here, to .OPM?  Thanks.  I wanna try the famous Solid Bass patch. :)

I actually had those converted to OPM already, but I went ahead and created a script to split out the 48-instrument files into 8-instrument files.

I've started a meagre OPM collection at 7800.8bitdev.org and put them there... more to come when I get a chance.

Let me know if I'm good to stick your patches there too. (credited, of course)

• Like 2