Curt Vendel

XM has shipped!

Hi everyone...

Some sad news.  As many of you know, the boards are marked “Milo” who was my Pug.

Milo would be my shadow, never leave my side, sleep on my feet while I would sit at my desk and work.

The XM was named after him. Tonight around 7pm just after I gave him dinner, Milo passed away.  He was just over 15 years.  He had a good life and he was my boy, he was such a great friend.  Going to be tough not having him around and with me anymore.

image.thumb.jpeg.2f6ba5596dc4f90bc7d5e85ef5dc353d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 40

1 minute ago, Curt Vendel said:

Tonight around 7pm just after I gave him dinner, Milo passed away.  He was just over 15 years.  He had a good life and he was my boy, he was such a great friend.  Going to be tough not having him around and with me anymore.

😮😢Oh no! My condolences, so sorry to hear this Curt. 

Pugs are such wonderful companions, I am sure you brought each other great joy. 

Hi Curt,

So sorry for the loss of your dog! It is never easy when they go! Remember all those great times you’ve had! Hope time heals for you soon! 

Very sorry for the loss of your boy Milo :( I'm glad you will have good memories with you for always.

Very sorry for your loss, Curt.  I know how difficult that is. 

Sorry for your loss our pets are as much family as people

40 minutes ago, HatNJ said:

Sorry for your loss our pets are as much family as people

For sure, I still cry when I think about getting a new cat... and it has been.. 20 years? 

Sorry for your loss, Curt.  I actually cried about it when I read your post last night.  Granted I cry at any death now, since I lost my mother 2 years ago.

Out of all my friends, those two were my favorite (mother and cat).

On 7/9/2020 at 10:31 PM, Curt Vendel said:

Tonight around 7pm just after I gave him dinner, Milo passed away.

Tough indeed.  Sorry about your loss.

Sorry for your loss - they become such a big part our lives 😢

Hi everyone, thank you very much for the kind replies.  

I just emailed Mark to get a status on how the Consumer BIOS is moving along and to see when I'd receive the next rev to test out.   I'm going to be working on writing up the beginings of the manual so that I can get that over to someone Albert put me in touch with to do a full professional layout for the manual like the way the homebrew games are done.  I also need to start screen capturing all of the menu and sub menu's to put into the manual.    So I'll let everyone know more soon, thanks.

• Like 7

On 7/18/2020 at 2:29 PM, Curt Vendel said:

Hi everyone, thank you very much for the kind replies.  

I just emailed Mark to get a status on how the Consumer BIOS is moving along and to see when I'd receive the next rev to test out.   I'm going to be working on writing up the beginings of the manual so that I can get that over to someone Albert put me in touch with to do a full professional layout for the manual like the way the homebrew games are done.  I also need to start screen capturing all of the menu and sub menu's to put into the manual.    So I'll let everyone know more soon, thanks.

Will the physical manuals be sent at a later date with the boxes? I'm sure a digital PDF would be just fine for most in the meantime. I really, really hope that BIOS doesn't keep holding the project back from shipping. Seems so close yet so far. Very frustrating. I can only imagine how you feel about it. Shame to be at the mercy of GroovyBee when the hardware is ready to go. :) 

15 hours ago, Shawn said:

Will the physical manuals be sent at a later date with the boxes? I'm sure a digital PDF would be just fine for most in the meantime. I really, really hope that BIOS doesn't keep holding the project back from shipping. Seems so close yet so far. Very frustrating. I can only imagine how you feel about it. Shame to be at the mercy of GroovyBee when the hardware is ready to go. :) 

Welcome to the world of Firmware engineering. ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Geoff Oltmans said:

Welcome to the world of Firmware engineering. ;)

I'm gonna have to just be quiet now cause I won't have anything nice to say in regards to that part of the hold up on the XM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Shawn said:

No one is at anyone’s mercy to be honest. We’ve all be together in this project for years. Everyone has had to step away and back as life family health and finances got in the way of our hobby focus.

its Actually Mark, Bobby and others who were at my mercy for many years if you want to look at it like that.

they had to wait until they had final hardware to create everything needed.  The BIOS is what the end user sees and uses to bring out the features, the magic, from the XM.

this has been a long project.  The devs are writing games for it.  Let’s just get it right and not go into a sloppy rush to make it to some arbitrary finish line.

• Like 4

On 7/20/2020 at 10:58 PM, Curt Vendel said:

this has been a long project.  The devs are writing games for it.  Let’s just get it right and not go into a sloppy rush to make it to some arbitrary finish line.

I was told mine would be on the way 5 months ago and I'm still sitting with a nothing. I feel like a fool for believing what you told me.

• Like 1

Bumped back at ya... 🤣

New original Yamaha music in the Yamaha testing menu has been completed according to the Consumer BIOS guys.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Curt Vendel said:

Bumped back at ya... 🤣

New original Yamaha music in the Yamaha testing menu has been completed according to the Consumer BIOS guys.

Can you provide some context as to what that means? That doesn't exactly sound like the needle has moved very far since the begining of March till now with only a couple days left in July :( . How about that one specific homebrew pcb issue, has that been sorted out? I hope it was easy enough to get sorted out and that is a thing of the past for any involved in doing so. 

I think it means they added a original song on the YM sound test. So not going with Rock Me Amadeus? 😫

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jinks said:

I think it means they added a original song on the YM sound test. So not going with Rock Me Amadeus? 😫

That is kinda what I'm thinking but hoping isn't true as that would mean next to nothing has been done in the last 5 months. I gotta step away from this topic now. Too depressing.

I thought we would have our XM by the 10th anniversary of the preorder. I wonder how realistic it is now.

• Like 1

I lost track of progress when there was talk about adding a power supply, and there hasn't been any updates on if that was still ongoing.

17 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

I lost track of progress when there was talk about adding a power supply, and there hasn't been any updates on if that was still ongoing.

That was cleared up and decided on, Curt said there won't be a need for an added power supply. I was happy to hear that myself. 

• Thanks 1