Curt Vendel

XM has shipped!

2 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

Fair suggestion except there's no point person(s) to headline such a thread, besides Marty, who's plate is beyond full at this time.  I think @tep392 is right on waiting for the project to truly be in new hands before continuing a discussion.  Plus there's potentially some news to follow from devs like PMP who have been writing software for XM in their own threads.

Understood.  Makes sense.

• Like 1

I've put some thought into what it is going to take to finish this and it will be a challenge, even with the design finalized.  I've sent a brief note to Marty and will reach out to him again when the time is right.  I'm sure his plate is full right now.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, tep392 said:

I've put some thought into what it is going to take to finish this and it will be a challenge, even with the design finalized.  I've sent a brief note to Marty and will reach out to him again when the time is right.  I'm sure his plate is full right now.

If you can do this, that would be AMAZING. On my side, I can definitely help out with the book as I'm super versed in ATARI history and have written extensively in the past.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2020 at 7:00 AM, DrVenkman said:

Couldn’t that question be asked in a week or two, after the body is cold and in the ground and his wife and young daughter have had at least a week or two to grieve? 

"After the body is cold?" really? Now that is a pretty cold statement.

I agree, this needs to be locked, and a new thread needs to be started by and when the folks involved have a plan, if it even continues, and I'm sure nobody needs to bother any of them until they are ready.

I second the dedication to Curt.

Anyhoo, I'd be willing to help out with the manual... I really want to see the XM completed.

This thread is closed for now, due to Curt's passing and time for some grievance has passed.  Marty, feel free to start a new thread, when pieces of the puzzle fall into place.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 1