IGNORED

Atari Age Store good?

Robi-Wan

Hey all! I’m a fairly new member here. Rekindled my fondness for the Jaguar last year and have gotten back into collecting big time and it’s been a blast! I’m looking at a few items on the AA Store that are cheaper here  than on eBay. Curious how trustworthy the store is? I assume it’s legit, but I always get nervous buying from new places and putting my debit card info in. Anyone ever have any issues or have any insight at all into the store? Thanks!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

No problems here!  Just bought two Jaguar reproduction Pro Controllers and got them without a hitch.  Highly recommend.

Oh man, that’s great news! A pro controller is definitely one of the things on my list. I can’t wait to try one. Thanks for the info!

The store is top-notch.  You really need to get Rebooteroids for Jaguar if you do not have it. My favorite Jaguar game.

Also, grab one of those Jag pro-controllers while you can!

I think the store is "on vacation" til the end of the month, but double check that info.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Machine said:

I think the store is "on vacation" til the end of the month, but double check that info.

Yeah, any new orders will not be going out until the beginning of February.  Still working on catching up on the large number of orders from December.  Shipped nearly 150 packages today, and another large batch will be going out tomorrow.

monday_orders.jpg

..Al

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, Albert said:

Yeah, any new orders will not be going out until the beginning of February.  Still working on catching up on the large number of orders from December.  Shipped nearly 150 packages today, and another large batch will be going out tomorrow.

monday_orders.jpg

..Al

Oh wow. Man, they’re keeping you pretty busy after the holidays, eh? That’s a heck of a work load!

Okay so this is good info to have. Would you say it’s still safe to go ahead and place order as long as I’m fine waiting till Feb to get it? Or are you guys currently “not taking orders”? Thanks again. :D

17 minutes ago, Robi-Wan said:

Okay so this is good info to have. Would you say it’s still safe to go ahead and place order as long as I’m fine waiting till Feb to get it? Or are you guys currently “not taking orders”? Thanks again.

Yes, by all means place an order, just keeping in mind that you won't receive it until February.

Thanks!

..Al

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Albert said:

monday_orders.jpg

..Al

My copy of Rebooteroids is in there!  Yes, the AtariAge store definitely is top notch.  I've now made 3 orders, and plan on making several more.  Especially for one of the new pro controllers.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

And you get stickers. And fliers!

The pop-up store at PRGE was even more awesome, though. I hope AA makes it to PRGE this year!

Oh nice, I happen to live/work in the Portland area and went to PRGE in 2016. I would love to see them back next year!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

And you get stickers. And fliers!

The pop-up store at PRGE was even more awesome, though. I hope AA makes it to PRGE this year!

I'm totally jealous.  If the AtariAge store ever came to the Midwest Gaming Classic here in Wisconsin, my wallet wouldn't survive.

• Like 3

Seeing sacks upon stacks of games for Atari systems...and really only Atari systems...was simply amazing. And when Al pulled out copies of Baby Pac-Man and Galagon, I almost fainted! It was like the toy store Tom Hanks visits in Big, but actually fun for adults.

And all of those play/testing stations...I’m still kicking myself that I only brought carry on luggage (and room for a few games). :)

• Like 1

I too am fairly new (again) to collecting for the Jaguar, so I had some similar concerns recently, but let me and everyone else in here put you at ease.

Albert from Atariage is trustworthy. The guy is very busy, from from what I can tell, with all his responsibilities. When I first ordered from the Atariage store, he took the time to answer all my questions and eliminate any concerns. Then we ended up chatting a bit about the Jaguar and the possibility of cool new games for it we'd like to see. His customer service fantastic and he's a really nice and personal guy.

There quality is top notch too. I also ordered Rebooteroids from the Atariage store and I own a reproduction pro controller that was included in a Jaguar bundle recently. Both are excellent quality.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

New collectors: don’t forget Songbird, either. I know it’s available for other systems, and that it’s *just* a 2D platformer, but Soccer Kid is still one of my favourites for the system. :)

We do carry most of the Songbird Jaguar titles in the AtariAge Store.  :)

..Al

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

Albert from Atariage is trustworthy. The guy is very busy, from from what I can tell, with all his responsibilities. When I first ordered from the Atariage store, he took the time to answer all my questions and eliminate any concerns. Then we ended up chatting a bit about the Jaguar and the possibility of cool new games for it we'd like to see. His customer service fantastic and he's a really nice and personal guy.

My first experience was buying Juno First for the 2600.  It was my first ever homebrew purchase, and it took awhile to get my order.  I'm not gonna lie.  After sending the somewhat angry where's my order email, I found out Al builds these carts and boxes from scratch and all by himself.  I really felt stupid afterward.  It never occurred to me that most if not all homebrew carts were built to order.  But the quality is FANTASTIC!!  It was well worth the wait.  One of these days, I need to order the boxart for Juno First lol.  I've been really wishing I had bought the game CIB rather than cart only.

• Like 1

Just received my copy of Rebooteroids, previous orders were dispatched equally quickly. Only troubles encountered were entirely due to slow postal customs processing this side of the Atlantic.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Enjoy the game!

Had to get it after falling for the ‚last four‘ Opal rotary controller offer as Tempest alone wouldn‘t justify the purchase ;)

Looking forward to your Thrusty Thingy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, slx said:

Had to get it after falling for the ‚last four‘ Opal rotary controller offer as Tempest alone wouldn‘t justify the purchase ;)

Looking forward to your Thrusty Thingy. 

Well, Last Strike and reBOOTed will be before that.   

Downfall: OG+ and Kobayashi Maru: Redux on reBOOTed also use the rotary :)

• Like 4