IGNORED

Someone has "mass produced" a portable PS2

I would like it if it was $650 cheaper. It's an awesome console and the creator did an amazing job, but why would anyone that doesn't have 5 billion dollars buy that for $663? I'd much rather stick with the standard everyday $10 fat PS2. Much better value.

Edited by bluejay
  • Like 2

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32989449109.html

For those of us not browsing on a mobile device.

Edit: Looks like the shoulder and other top buttons are 3D printed but the main casing is injection molded, really weird. Too bad there aren't any internal shots, probably because it's not pretty inside. Chopped up PCB, hacky wiring, etc.

Edited by Bratwurst
  • Thanks 1

I can appreciate the work going in, but 601€? Come on, that was the price of the PS3 at launch!

Plus, I don't see any A/V out of any kind, and no way to connect a second player pad, or original Memory cards.

For that price I would expect those options to be included or provided with given adapters. Like using the PSP composite and YUV cables?

Maybe the USB port is meant to provide a second player port and memory card part with an adapter, but for that price, if should be included.

It's not mass produced, these are being assembled by hand by probably just one or two guys, and the 3D printed components speaks of how independent an outfit it is. Which is crazy to me, that we've hit a point that entrepreneurial types in China are offering bespoke production labor at such a small scale. Is it a sign of the economy over there that the easy money has dried up and they're leaving no stone unturned at this point?

• Like 1