IGNORED

Classic DV80 text files from diskette anyone?

Omega-TI

I'm sure some people have some old and educational text files on diskettes from the old days.  Now that we can quickly and easily "print them" into PDF format with perfect clarity, would anyone be interested in having a thread to post such stuff?  Also, do you have any cool text files from back in the day that you want or would be willing to share too?

I'm in the slow process of porting some of my old floppies. There are several conferences on Delphi's TI forum from the early '90s. I don't know how much of this stuff has been preserved. A fun read from back when many things were still under development and about to be released (or not!)

-Ed

• Like 1

I'd really like to add the above so-called v9t9 format to my TIImageTool, but I never saw a specification for it. By the way, we should add this specification to Ninerpedia as well. The sector dump format of disk images seems to be called "v9t9" format as well, which I find quite confusing (and which is the reason why I did not include that format in TIImageTool because I did not realize those are two different ones with the same name...)

The TIFILES format (used by arcadeshopper above) works without problems.

• Like 2

Interesting, although not meant to hijack the thread to discuss file conventions. I've never been able to use DSK format. A few years back, Lucien kindly wrote a Classic Mac OS9 program to allow me to open them and extract to individual V9T9 files. My own ports from hardware arrive in TIFILES. To use them, I must convert to V9T9. It's just the nature of my pre-Intel Mac.

While I can run Classic99 on my Mac via VPC, it's a total sloth. TI99Dir is also not my preferred method. A lot of my old Delphi archived logs are stored on my floppies in Archiver format. Porting them to Mac, they come in as TIFILES archives. To me, that requires yet another step for people here to make use of them. It's also easier for me to transfer a TI disk to my Mac as a whole-disk archive, rather than individual files. I create and port the archives, then convert to V9T9, open and de-arc them in my emulators to now separate files all in V9T9.

So it's a bit of a backwards step for me to convert them back one by one to TIFILES simply for posting here. I could post the TIFILES archives if that helps, except it puts the onus of the de-arc step onto those who grab 'em.

Likewise, converting same to straight text is again a bit of few extra steps for me. It helps that AA now lets me attach files without having to append a ".txt" extension that the downloader had to remove before using them.

-Ed

Edited by Ed in SoDak