IGNORED

Radica Space Invaders joystick Repair/Replacement

ckrtech

I am doing maintenance on a Radica Space Invaders Atari 7800 controller, and it looks like the manufacturer glued the hex screw into the bottom of the shaft of the joystick. Attempting to remove the joystick from the housing resulted in the screw snapping in half - a very clean break.

I was wondering if any of you that made a 7800 controller out of the RSI made any modifications to the joystick or replaced it. To restore the original, I am most likely going to have to drill out the screw remains from each side and find something with the correct thread size. Alternatively, I could go for an entire shaft replacement that is compatible.

Weighing my options now, but I am wondering if any of you RSI 7800 controller users have any experience to share - be they repairs or even if you found a full replacement stick assembly of appropriate size and managed to mount it in the RSI housing.

I removed it, added a rotary encoder and a couple of extra arcade quality buttons to make a Tempest 2000 spinner for my Jag, I know this doesn't help you.

I have a couple of NIB ones laying around and always thought I would like to see if it is possible to add a sanwa or happ stick but I don't think that will be an easy mod