IGNORED

Found a Stampede Proto!

recorderdude

Well, this was a surprise. Found this bugger in a lot of 10 games for 20 bucks. You can still see where the proto label was before it fell off. Amusingly, the previous owner, "TIM", had a piece of scotch tape with his name written on the front (as many other games in the lot did) but it was easy enough to remove without damaging that shiny red label. 999% likely a review copy/final rom but still crazy to bump into. Figured I'd post here as well in case there's anything I'm missing about this that I should check for differences, and just to show that it exists!

ENomDaQWoAAas9R.jpg

ENol_hDW4AUWp-m.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rom Hunter said:

Nice find!

I'm pretty sure it contains the final release, but if you spot any differences, let us know.

8)

Really off topic, but I wanted to ask you if Atarimania has dumps of the KidVid tapes that are just not posted online yet by chance? For both Smurfs & Berenstain Bears. Only one tape is readily available online and that is the Harmony Smurf tape. The other 2 Smurfs tapes and all 3 Bears tapes are nowhere to be found in digital format online.

22 hours ago, Rom Hunter said:

OK, those are not the actual tape dumps in their intirty but just the audio portions. Thanks for your effort none the less. The actual program calls are removed from the audios. The KVSHARED.WAV is the program calls I believe but they are not useful on their own outside of the old Z26 emulator that these files where all created for. If you come into raw dumps of the actual tapes please do make an annoucment. I'm hunting high and low for them myself. Seems a lot of collectors either don't have the means to dump the tapes to digital format or they own the item sealed and have no intentions of actually playing it :(

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

OK, those are not the actual tape dumps in their intirty but just the audio portions. Thanks for your effort none the less. The actual program calls are removed from the audios. The KVSHARED.WAV is the program calls I believe but they are not useful on their own outside of the old Z26 emulator that these files where all created for. If you come into raw dumps of the actual tapes please do make an annoucment. I'm hunting high and low for them myself. Seems a lot of collectors either don't have the means to dump the tapes to digital format or they own the item sealed and have no intentions of actually playing it :(

Will let you know if/when I find these.

8)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...