IGNORED

Arrggghh... I toasted my Lynx! (Failed McWill update).

leech

So I made a valiant attempt last night at doing the McWill LCD upgrade to my Lynx II.  Unfortunately after removing the various listed components, as per https://www.igorkromin.net/index.php/2017/09/16/atari-lynx-repair-part-5-mcwill-led-screen-mod-installation/

It has a step to test the voltage, and during that I accidentally plugged the power into the headphone jack, not sure if that would toast it, or it was something I did.  But at that point there was no voltage going through the VCC and GND pins.  I went ahead and wired everything else up, but had no luck. 

Thought that maybe it was because the power button membrane was screwed up (could see the contacts looked almost gone on the ribbon), so swapped it with an old crappy Lynx that I've had forever.  But that didn't help (and the other Lynx still turns on, so that wasn't it).  Any ideas?

At this point I'm thinking I should send it off to someone for a repair / finish the upgrade, along with my other Lynx (which I don't dare to try myself now.) 

Who around (prefferrbly in the US) does the McWill LCD screen updates?

I can do them.  I have done them on my personal Lynx I and Lynx II as well as for other people.  I also have done the BennVenn LCD upgrade for a couple of people.

The Lynx II is about an hour of labor+parts.

The Lynx I is about 90 minutes of labor+parts and cursing.  LOTS and LOTS of cursing.

I charge $40/hour.  Let me know.