IGNORED

Jaguar shoot em ups?

The Undecided

6 hours ago, Swansea_Mariner said:

Just to be clear I'm all for encouraging anyone  to make the effort to bring updated, upgraded, or improved products to the market, but that's not exactly what's coming out of this stable at the moment. 

This figures banded about of around 70 global sales seems to suggest there's not much of a market for the current approach in any case.

I'm supportive both in writing and in buying lots of the games coming through, but don't see why I have to be happy clappy about everything

You're right. You don't have to be. I just wish the happy clappy side would speak up more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

A port of Zero Tolerance would sell at least as well as titles like Switchblade or Custodian.  I would hope we all know you can't take a handful of negative comments as representative of the whole group, especially among a fanbase known for its toxicity.

It would have to do quite a bit better than switchblade. And I think it would  by a lot.

6 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

A port of Zero Tolerance would sell at least as well as titles like Switchblade or Custodian.  I would hope we all know you can't take a handful of negative comments as representative of the whole group, especially among a fanbase known for its toxicity.

I guess Kathleen Kennedy and Disney would fully agree with you. ? Or all the toxic GoT fans, hating on the last 2 seasons. People are so ungrateful these days. Happy clap anything, give us money and shut up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Like I said before, 1:1 ports from Genesis make little sense, as the Genesis is much more popular Retro platform and most people owning Jaguar most likely have a Genesis too and can play the game on the original hardware, if they wish to. 

A Jaguar version has to be significantly enhanced to make it a worthwhile addition to the library by any means, especially if you consider the premium prices fans are obliged to pay for a "new" Jaguar game. We have 3 good FPS for the Jaguar and the Genesis hardware was not exactly build for that genre of games, in fact its pretty weak for FPS games.  A 1:1 port would be a weak expierence on the Jaguar which has much better to offer. It would be just a matter of convienience and the benefits of generating some extra cash for the I.P.owner.

Edited by agradeneu

Protector SE has been extremely popular with Jaguar fans over the past 20 years; it's definitely my top-selling Jaguar release. I even made a CD expansion for it called Protector RESURGENCE.

The one-level Native Demo is available on The Early Years cartridge which I just published last fall.

Raiden is fantastic and one of my personal faves, but the OP already has it. :)

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Songbird said:

Protector SE has been extremely popular with Jaguar fans over the past 20 years; it's definitely my top-selling Jaguar release. I even made a CD expansion for it called Protector RESURGENCE.

The one-level Native Demo is available on The Early Years cartridge which I just published last fall.

Raiden is fantastic and one of my personal faves, but the OP already has it. :)

?

12 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Like I said before, 1:1 ports from Genesis make little sense, as the Genesis is much more popular Retro platform and most people owning Jaguar most likely have a Genesis too and can play the game on the original hardware, if they wish to. 

A Jaguar version has to be significantly enhanced to make it a worthwhile addition to the library by any means, especially if you consider the premium prices fans are obliged to pay for a "new" Jaguar game. We have 3 good FPS for the Jaguar and the Genesis hardware was not exactly build for that genre of games, in fact its pretty weak for FPS games.  A 1:1 port would be a weak expierence on the Jaguar which has much better to offer. It would be just a matter of convienience and the benefits of generating some extra cash for the I.P.owner.

Yes we got that. No one in there right mind is wanting to settle with a 1:1 port. Especially with the source available.

I doubt the other platforms it's coming out for are willing to settle either. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JagChris said:

Yes we got that. No one in there right mind is wanting to settle with a 1:1 port. Especially with the source available.

I doubt the other platforms it's coming out for are willing to settle either. 

Give Rebecca the JagDoom source code and she will come with something much better. ;-)

28 minutes ago, JagChris said:

Well hell Agradeneu we were doing so well. Can't you just ask me to explain why I think that? Instead of this negativity. 

If she uses the JD source it all has to be released when the game is. And I do believe any of the ZT  code used with it.

Yeah she could pull it off, but sounds too good to be real. Until we have confirmation directly from her it's all wishful thinking. Unfortunality. Listen, I follow this community for more than 10 years, there was really no stortage of false promises.  ? 

Edited by agradeneu
wrong thread lol

11 hours ago, JagChris said:

I doubt the other platforms it's coming out for are willing to settle 

You wouldn't be speaking for the whole community would you, hell no not you ?

This is the point I was making though upgrade yes, shovelware no. 

• Haha 1