IGNORED

Season 9 ~ Week 22 ~ Winter Sports

Vocelli

Basketball

4 = 38 - 34

I had an 8 point lead (almost 10!), but blew it! Also, trying to imagine playing against a spazzy person like this in real life basketball. :)

Ice Hockey

18 = 20 - 2

I got a ferocious defense, man! Think I may sneak this game into a mini-tourney next time I have friends over to play games. :)

2600-22-basketball01.jpg

2600-22-iceHockey01.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/12/2020 at 8:20 PM, Tempest said:

Has anyone else noticed that when the computer misses a shot he automatically gets the rebound but you don't?  It's really annoying.

Yes I have and yes, it is. On a side note, I'm playing Basketball on original hardware and I don't think my last working joystick is going to make it through this session.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tempest said:

Seriously, what the heck am I missing in Ice Hockey?

There are only 4 possible patterns for each face-off.  Mastering each one is the key. 

If the puck comes to you, you can bank a shot off the left border and score, literally in 1 second. 

If it goes to the computer, and if you're lucky, you can swat the puck away from him, then charge after it and score.  If you don't swat it away, charge him with your goalie and knock him over.

If it goes to the top right corner, chase it down with your goalie, pass it to your partner and bank a shot off the left wall for a score.

If it goes to the bottom left corner, go around the opponent's goalie and grab the puck when it bounces off the bottom, then slam it in for a score.

Charging your opponent and knocking him down is another key to success in this game.  I'll capture a game and post it.  That will make more sense, I'm sure.  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Basketball:44/44,Diff=0

This game ticks me off, would be a little self-satisfaction just to friggin win...

Thankful to squeak out a tie, tbh, I dunno if I'll be able to improve this or not.

I can do better on Hockey, tho, my 20 point blowout was game 3, so I'll try it again tomorrow I guess.

2600Basketball4444.png

• Like 4

On 1/13/2020 at 9:16 PM, Dr Moocowz said:

Basketball

4 = 38 - 34

I had an 8 point lead (almost 10!), but blew it! Also, trying to imagine playing against a spazzy person like this in real life basketball. :)

tyler hansbourgh (or hanstravel cause he got away with blatant traveling) came the closest.

The computer seems to cheat once I get a 2 point lead, so I got one and just drained out the remainder of the clock as there is no shot clock.

Basketball (1978) (Atari)_2.png

Edited by classicgamer_27330
  • Like 1