IGNORED

Form Shop for the TI-99/4A

Omega-TI

Help! 

1) Does anyone have a WORKING copy of Form Shop for the TI?

2) If so, have you been able to get it to work with the TIPI?

3) Can you upload a copy?

I found some old files on an imaged diskette I had archived back in 1989 I want to print up the document with PI.PIO, but my copy will not get past the load screen. ?

FORMSHOP.thumb.JPG.940fb3af98dab28da1aa4f4a900ab94d.JPG

Okay, I've discovered some "issues" with this program.  The main operational programs, do not like residing on or working out of the TIPI or any non DSK based environment.  Either real or emulated drives (like the HxC) seem to work though.  Even simply trying to use the editor in Classic 99 was a no go.  I need the manual, because even the output I've gotten (so far) with PI.PIO does not conform to what was expected.

I'm going to have to leave here in a couple of minutes, but my next step was to check things out with a sector editor.  I'm beginning to think the program(s) are checking for something specific that is missing in a FIAD type directory, possibly the disk name, I'm not sure.

Yeah, off of my HxC (floppy) I can get it to work, but yes, printing output has been problematic.... if only I could find the documentation.

30 minutes ago, --- Ω --- said:

I'm going to have to leave here in a couple of minutes, but my next step was to check things out with a sector editor.  I'm beginning to think the program(s) are checking for something specific that is missing in a FIAD type directory, possibly the disk name, I'm not sure.

Yeah, off of my HxC (floppy) I can get it to work, but yes, printing output has been problematic.... if only I could find the documentation.

I think it's a vdp issue.. something is looking for what a disk controller provides, but tipi/classic99 does different.  also that BX10051 file has more options and configuration thingies 

Greg

http://whtech.com/magazines/micropendium/mp8906.pdf

page 38

following Mr Gaskell's instructions there and using the BX version.. got me this print_2020_01_10_T12_01_50.pdf

seems pretty straightforward you need to include the setup file in your document if you want the printer lines to work right. 

It uses codes like a tiwriter file .IF to include file..etc

I found this by using the awesome micropendium search tool: http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/micro/micro.html

• Like 1

Interesting that the Micropendium issue you posted was going to be part of a video I had planned to create before the weather went bad.  I'm now planning to make it around May of this year.  Here are a couple of screen shots I plan to use in the video...

The original...

Off-The-Shelf-Portable-TI.thumb.png.ac0096fd7912a0b22c4b8fce56307c0c.png

The 'updated image' (not complete)

Off-The-Shelf-Portable-TI2.thumb.png.0a7d340874b9179a2725dfa0115895c6.png

BTW - Thanks for the key legend printout, that's pretty slick.  I'll have more time tomorrow to play with this some more.

6 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

I wish WHTECH was not such a mess, It's hard to locate stuff there.

I've started to clean up things, just for your information. Something weird seems to have happened to the "word processor" folder, which contained copies of folders from the root level. I removed them already. It may be futile to try to achieve some proper order in the mess, but we may at least avoid to have duplicates of files and folders.

• Like 1