IGNORED

Remember game

LessNick

Hello there o/

Back in 1989, I had a cassette with a game. Unfortunately, tape was damaged, and the game is was not loaded.

After so many years it’s hard to remember the name of the game,

but I definitely remember that on the loading screen there was a skull with wings, like this one:

skull2a.png.cdbce6816723e5e033843409386be97f.png

Having looked at many archives, I unfortunately did not manage to find something with a similar loading screen.

Maybe it was a loading screen of a cracked version of the game. 

I really hope that someone can remember at least something.

Thanks in advance for any help.

13 hours ago, xrbrevin said:

screaming wings by red rat software had a winged logo loading screen but i dont think it was a skull.

it might be worth a look in case your memory is fogged

Logically, yes, this is most like this game, but I just remember that the picture was black and white, and the "screaming wings" had yellowish brown tones.

In any case, many thanks for the help, maybe someone else will remember something similar.

On 1/11/2020 at 1:53 PM, Mclaneinc said:

My initial thought was like every one else, screaming wings...I know you said the game did not load but any idea of what the game style was?

Unfortunately, there is no more information. In addition to the loading screen, nothing else is remembered.

Yeah, known as the Renegade symbol (or close), one for the old Hells Angel bikers 

The game however is unknown at the moment but Screaming Wings is a big match or sorts..Wish the guy knew a little about the game, a genre would make it soo much easier..

Oh well, it it can't be remembered then that's life, if I land on it I'll pass on the info....

23 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Yeah, known as the Renegade symbol (or close), one for the old Hells Angel bikers 

The game however is unknown at the moment but Screaming Wings is a big match or sorts..Wish the guy knew a little about the game, a genre would make it soo much easier..

Oh well, it it can't be remembered then that's life, if I land on it I'll pass on the info....

Unfortunately, whole hope is that someone will remember a similar picture from some game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well I've sat here and gone through over 7500 games on the Gamebase looking at the screens and only 3 are barely even close..

Screaming Wings...

And these two purely because they have skulls on them

Nemo's Vault

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-nemo-s-vault_3676.html

Pribeh Ze tmy

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-pribeh-ze-tmy_20896.html

The gamebase is pretty damn good so if its not in there its either very rare / country specific or a type in of some sort (and the gamebase has many of them) ?

• Like 1

Thanks so much for trying, but still it is't that:

Nemo's Vault - yes skull, but two and small

Pribeh Ze tmy -  big skull without wings and year 1992. the game on tape was released explicitly earlier or in 1989

Savage Pond and War-Copter - sorry but very small skull and not b/w colors :(

If OP says "oops, it was on the C64" can we kill him then and there :)

Seriously, I didn't load many tapes as I got the DD as soon as possible....

Actually, OP, was it a genuine tape...Trying to see if its directly loading a game or a pirate probably cracked loader?