IGNORED

Chelco Family Estate Lawsuit

Q: what would Brenski's - 2 Chelco Atari XL Motherboards be doing in a New York Courtroom?

Here's the Images of my Chelco boards - as listed on ebay.
FFztRAXl.jpg

A4l5dNUl.jpg

poPuVoMl.jpg

A: Late yesterday evening I was contacted on ebay by Steven - this was his message:

rn9M6tel.jpg

After a little discussion, we managed to make arrangements for BOTH of my Chelcos to be dispatched - FedEx to be delivered for 10am Monday Morning.

tnEJNF4l.jpg

Steven has given me permission to discuss this in very general terms, suffice to say this concerns his late father's estate. His father was founder of Chelco (in 1976?)
The Two boards are being submitted as exhibits/evidence to prove that Chelco did manufacture parts for Atari. I hope all goes well for Steven (and his sister), and that my boards have somehow, helped in some small way.
Steven has promised to update me once a decision has been reached by the court. Naturally, I'll update this thread at that point.

Edited by Guest

Just a little update to this. The boards have arrived in New York safe and sound. I really can't recommend FedEx enough.

Steven needed the boards delivered before court proceedings on Weds.
Package was collected from here (in Worcestershire, UK) 13:28 Friday afternoon, and delivered to Steven's lawyer's offices in Park Ave, New York today @ 10:03am
Full tracking details (this is really stunning, when you consider how often it wasn't physically moving)

Jan-10-20, 13:28 PM, - Picked up -  BIRMINGHAM, WM B26  15 miles
Jan-11-20, 21:18 PM, - In transit -  STANSTED, ES CM24  137 miles
Jan-12-20, 04:43 AM, - Arrived at FedEx location - MEMPHIS, TN 38118 4,366 miles
Jan-13-20, 04:40 AM, - Departed FedEx location -  NEWARK, NJ 07114 1,089 miles
Jan-13-20, 07:37 PM, - On FedEx vehicle for delivery -  NEW YORK, NY 10036
Jan-13-20, 10:03 PM, - Delivered -  NEW YORK, NY 10178 15 miles

5,622 miles in 2½ days!

I'm just astounded at what FedEx can do - that Bryan Adams guitar advert MUST be based on fact!

Anyhow, Steve has kindly left me some feedback (and me him)
Fantastic seller! Needed FAST delivery to US. Worked past midnight to help!    Buyer: k****c 
Atari 600XL and 800XL Chelco Motherboards ***RARE     

Really nice when things work out - fingers crossed for the court case.

15 hours ago, kheller2 said:

Some of this might be in the Atari Business Is Fun book..

I also have a list of all known 600/800 XL motherboard variants that CHELCO did.

They also did more than just Atari mobos.

Yep, my white beauty power supply is made by Chelco. 

On 1/14/2020 at 12:24 AM, brenski said:

Just a little update to this. The boards have arrived in New York safe and sound. I really can't recommend FedEx enough.

5,622 miles in 2½ days!

That´s the reason why I like to order at Mouser. They´re not the cheapest on the planet, but - from my sight - the fastest. More than one time I place an order at the weekend, at finally on Tuesday or Wednesday the FedEx driver knocks on my door. The goods are always shipped from Memphis, TX to Germany. A lot of german or european electronic dealers are much slower than Mouser - from over the pond! ?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hey, this is Jaci (Steven’s sister). The trial has ended, but the case is not over because closing statements were delayed due to coronavirus. We promise to update when decisions are made and really appreciated having the motherboards... they were presented in our opening statement! Thank you again! 

• Like 21

Interesting that this topic came up again - I finally upgraded one of my 600XL's to 64K this afternoon and along the way, realized who manufactured the board. Under the top RF shield, there's an ink date-stamp for December 1983. I neglected to photograph that but I'll be removing the RF modulator and putting in a video DIN in the next few days and I'll photograph it then. 

IMG_4719.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I love how people are so secretive about sharing PUBLIC information. A few seconds searching a commercial (i.e. not free) database turns up this published report:

Estate of David Hassine

Surrogate's Court of New York, New York County

December 11, 2018, Decided; December 13, 2018, Published 2018 NYLJ LEXIS 4104

ESTATE OF DAVID HASSINE, Deceased (09-3748/C) In this contested executor's accounting proceeding, the parties have crossmoved for summary determination of the issues raised by the objections filed by decedent's two children.

Decedent died on August 29, 2009, at the age of 53, survived by objectants. His will, dated August 13, 2009, was admitted to probate on October 9, 2009. On October 14, 2009, letters testamentary issued to decedent's brother, the nominated executor. Objectants are the named successor co-executors and the sole beneficiaries under the will.

The accounting covers the period from decedent's death on August 29, 2009 to January 2, 2013. A prior proceeding to remove the executor was consolidated with this accounting proceeding (Matter of Hassine, NYLJ, Apr. 3, 2014, at 25, col 4 [Sur Ct, NY County]).

The objections center primarily around two issues. The first is whether certain assets should have been included in the account (the "Missing Assets Objections"). These objections relate to whether decedent's estate at his death was worth approximately $600,000, as reported by the executor, or, whether the estate is largely unaccounted for, as objectants contend. Objectants estimate the estate's date of death value at more than $10 million. This issue turns on whether decedent owned outright 30 percent of certain family funds held in Swiss bank accounts (as objectants contend) or whether decedent had only a limited beneficial interest in the assets that terminated at his death (as the executor contends).

There is some discussion of the various businesses involved (and much discussion of tax law and international funds transfers), but no specific mention of 8-bit hardware.  

1 hour ago, jhd said:

love how people are so secretive about sharing PUBLIC information. A few seconds searching a commercial (i.e. not free) database turns up this published report:

Thank you for finding and posting that information.

Wow $10 million in a Swiss bank account being contested. I'd say that was worth fighting for. if providing them with the Chelco motherboards helps to seal that deal, I'd certainly hope that they reward the provider of those in a substantial way.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone! The reason why I haven’t come back to update yet is because we have appealed the decision. Our uncle’s response to that is due in early October, and then our final response is due around 10 days after that. I’m going to try to link what we have submitted already. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...