brenski

Chelco Family Estate Lawsuit

Q: what would Brenski's - 2 Chelco Atari XL Motherboards be doing in a New York Courtroom?

Here's the Images of my Chelco boards - as listed on ebay.
FFztRAXl.jpg

A4l5dNUl.jpg

poPuVoMl.jpg

A: Late yesterday evening I was contacted on ebay by Steven - this was his message:

rn9M6tel.jpg

After a little discussion, we managed to make arrangements for BOTH of my Chelcos to be dispatched - FedEx to be delivered for 10am Monday Morning.

tnEJNF4l.jpg

Steven has given me permission to discuss this in very general terms, suffice to say this concerns his late father's estate. His father was founder of Chelco (in 1976?)
The Two boards are being submitted as exhibits/evidence to prove that Chelco did manufacture parts for Atari. I hope all goes well for Steven (and his sister), and that my boards have somehow, helped in some small way.
Steven has promised to update me once a decision has been reached by the court. Naturally, I'll update this thread at that point.

Edited by brenski
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I have 3 Chelco boards. One 600XL and two 800XLs.

Interesting to see a lawsuit brought up so long after these were manufactured to be used as evidence.

I can't really go into detail. But it's to do the Chelco business Steven's father's estate after he died in 2009.

I bet it's part of a business valuation dispute, based on my professional experience (unrelated to this case to be clear!).

• Like 5

I sold a couple of systems in the past for use in court cases.  An Apple Macintosh IIrc and a Sun 3/60 (iirc).  Never did get any info about the cases, then or later.

Hopefully we find out about this one... I'm always curious in situations like this .

Just a little update to this. The boards have arrived in New York safe and sound. I really can't recommend FedEx enough.

Steven needed the boards delivered before court proceedings on Weds.
Package was collected from here (in Worcestershire, UK) 13:28 Friday afternoon, and delivered to Steven's lawyer's offices in Park Ave, New York today @ 10:03am
Full tracking details (this is really stunning, when you consider how often it wasn't physically moving)

Jan-10-20, 13:28 PM, - Picked up -  BIRMINGHAM, WM B26  15 miles
Jan-11-20, 21:18 PM, - In transit -  STANSTED, ES CM24  137 miles
Jan-12-20, 04:43 AM, - Arrived at FedEx location - MEMPHIS, TN 38118 4,366 miles
Jan-13-20, 04:40 AM, - Departed FedEx location -  NEWARK, NJ 07114 1,089 miles
Jan-13-20, 07:37 PM, - On FedEx vehicle for delivery -  NEW YORK, NY 10036
Jan-13-20, 10:03 PM, - Delivered -  NEW YORK, NY 10178 15 miles

5,622 miles in 2½ days!

I'm just astounded at what FedEx can do - that Bryan Adams guitar advert MUST be based on fact!

Anyhow, Steve has kindly left me some feedback (and me him)
Fantastic seller! Needed FAST delivery to US. Worked past midnight to help!    Buyer: k****c 
Atari 600XL and 800XL Chelco Motherboards ***RARE     

Really nice when things work out - fingers crossed for the court case.

• Like 1

Some of this might be in the Atari Business Is Fun book..

I also have a list of all known 600/800 XL motherboard variants that CHELCO did.

They also did more than just Atari mobos.

15 hours ago, kheller2 said:

Some of this might be in the Atari Business Is Fun book..

I also have a list of all known 600/800 XL motherboard variants that CHELCO did.

They also did more than just Atari mobos.

Yep, my white beauty power supply is made by Chelco. 

and (at least) one Atari XL keyboard?

On 1/14/2020 at 12:24 AM, brenski said:

Just a little update to this. The boards have arrived in New York safe and sound. I really can't recommend FedEx enough.

5,622 miles in 2½ days!

That´s the reason why I like to order at Mouser. They´re not the cheapest on the planet, but - from my sight - the fastest. More than one time I place an order at the weekend, at finally on Tuesday or Wednesday the FedEx driver knocks on my door. The goods are always shipped from Memphis, TX to Germany. A lot of german or european electronic dealers are much slower than Mouser - from over the pond! 🤗