IGNORED

Atari 5200 Sophia Help

Retro_Game_Lover96

Hi all! I have a 4 controller port of Atari 5200 that has a composite mod, so I am trying to get the Sophia Rev C that I luckily bought on eBay, but I tried and sadly I got no picture, so can anyone help me figure it out?

Here is the link for Sophia: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sophia-rev-C-for-Atari-8bit-Computers-DVI-Output-1536x960-w-DVI-to-HDMI-Adapt/174143007237?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

61353C88-E01A-42DE-B3E7-7846106D3D42.jpeg

78771EBD-9093-4BEC-B2AD-00E82CFB0DF5.jpeg

6A6D3590-F048-4112-9758-2130B2505F1C.jpeg

963789E4-6960-45F9-BF17-A81A9737B95F.jpeg

Edited by Retro_Game_Lover96

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Retro_Game_Lover96 said:

I tried, but he cannot receive any messages. :( 

Well until you get in touch with him and obtain the file you need, even with the right hardware and the process to reprogram the SOPHIA, I think you’re out of luck.

2 hours ago, rayik said:

I've installed a Sophia several years ago. I have a number of firmware files.  I don't remember which file I used on it.  I'm attaching everything I received from Simius.  It might be something as simple as jumper settings.

Sophia_all files.zip 73.44 kB · 1 download

How do these work? My Sophia is Rev C.

Thinking more about city, I don't think I flashed anything. It was the VBXE that need flashing as it came set up for XE computers. Revision C was just a change to DVI output.

On mine I had set jumpers to get it to output a picture.  

Simius install instructions were:

Installation goes the same way, as in other computers. Remove GTIA chip, put the additional socket, put Sophia board, put GTIA chip, connect the ribbon cable. That's all.

3 minutes ago, rayik said:

Thinking more about city, I don't think I flashed anything. It was the VBXE that need flashing as it came set up for XE computers. Revision C was just a change to DVI output.

On mine I had set jumpers to get it to output a picture.  

Simius install instructions were:

I know how to install on Sophia on my A5200, but I want to reprogram it with a different resolution.