IGNORED

Heathkit Hero Jr robot wireless monitoring and control by the TI 99/4A

Vorticon

3 hours ago, Vorticon said:

This project demonstrates the TI remotely monitoring and controlling a vintage Heathkit Hero Jr robot. Retro-robotics at its best :) 

A shout out to Tursi and OLD CS1 for their debugging help at the Chicago TI Faire Friday geeking event last November.

This is so cool.  It's been a joy watching you iterate on this as you've demonstrated at the annual TI Faires.  Well done, Walid.

This is just so cool.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rossman said:

This is so cool.  It's been a joy watching you iterate on this as you've demonstrated at the annual TI Faires.  Well done, Walid.

This is just so cool.

Thanks! The fun factor here is really high, and I learn something every time, and this is particularly true when you do it in a cooperative environment such as the pre-Faire event. For example, ON ERROR in XB is flaky at best, and also will not work inside of a subroutine. It took Tursi digging out his old XB code for his BBS from the early 80's to find a workaround! And OLD CS1 combined a NanoPEB and Mini Memory module to load the HDX DSR from the web onto the MM module so I could re-install it on my system when it got corrupted, thus allowing me to continue hacking. And let's not forgot Caesar, ksarul's son, who was unwavering in his readiness to repeatedly press the reset button on the robot every time it went kaput :)

• Like 1