IGNORED

Problem with TI PIO

klrw111-78

I've been using a TI RS232 card that I modified with HDX for over a year and RS232 ports still work.  I've been using a ImageWriter serial printer, but of course it's not "Epson compatible."  I recently got a KXP-1123 and purchased a standard TI parallel cable.  When attempting to print to PIO, I get print out that is not what it should be.  A bunch of "!" and some other letters.  I "rang-out" the cable and it appears to be correct.  Tried another printer with same result.  I think the PIO is not sending all DATA pins out.  Any ideas or does anyone have a spare TI RS232 they are willing to part with for a fee?  Please PM if so.  Thanks

I've been using a TI RS232 card that I modified with HDX for over a year and RS232 ports still work.  I've been using a ImageWriter serial printer, but of course it's not "Epson compatible."  I recently got a KXP-1123 and purchased a standard TI parallel cable.  When attempting to print to PIO, I get print out that is not what it should be.  A bunch of "!" and some other letters.  I "rang-out" the cable and it appears to be correct.  Tried another printer with same result.  I think the PIO is not sending all DATA pins out.  Any ideas or does anyone have a spare TI RS232 they are willing to part with for a fee?  Please PM if so.  Thanks
Before going too far try reloading the dsr

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

Ok good. Nope I'll have to set one up

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I have the same issue when I removed the HDX mods and install the TI rom.  It appears the card is bad.  If the PIO port on the modified card in your store works, let me know and I will purchase.  Thanks

23 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

Didn't the Panasonic require the SmithCorona or the Okidata cable?

I used the pinout posted here for the Panasonic KXP-1091 printer.  In looking at the manuals they both have identical Centronics pinouts.

After replacing the 74LS373 chips and checking for continuity on the 16-pin connector, I found some damaged traces at the very edge of the card near the PIO connector.  I got the card at a very reduced price because the metal shell was severely warped.  Just lucky the RS232 worked.  

After repairing the traces and replacing the chips, it now fails to work at all.  Thanks

• Like 1