IGNORED

Every Video Game Console Ranked From WORST To BEST

Did you like the video in spite of the strange placement of some consoles on the list?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the video in spite of the strange placement of some consoles on the list?

• Yes, the video was very informative even if the position of some of the consoles on the list doesn't make any sense
    • No, the order of the consoles totally kills the video for me

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This video appeared a a few days ago: Every Video Game Console Ranked From WORST To BEST.

This is the list:

1) Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2)
2) Microsoft Xbox 360
3) Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3)
4) Sony PlayStation
5) Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) / Super Famicom
6) Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4)
7) Nintendo Wii
8 ) Microsoft Xbox
9) Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) / Famicom
10) Nintendo Switch
11) Sega Genesis / Mega Drive
12) Nintendo GameCube
13) Nintendo 64
14) Sega Dreamcast
15) Nintendo Wii U
16) Atari 2600
17) Sega Saturn
18) Sega Mark III / Master System
19) Nintendo Family Computer Disk System
20) NEC TurboGrafx-16 / PC Engine
21) Sega Pico
22) Microsoft Xbox One
23) Sega CD / Mega-CD
24) ColecoVision
25) Nintendo Satellaview
26) Ouya
27) Mattel Intellivision
28) SNK NeoGeo AES
29) 3DO Interactive Multiplayer
30) NEC TurboGrafx-CD / PC Engine CD
31) Magnavox Odyssey 2
32) Philips CD-i
33) Sega SG-1000
34) SNK NeoGeo CD
35) Atari 7800
36) Fujitsu FM Towns Marty
37) Amiga CD32
38) Sega 32X
39) Atari 5200
40) NEC PC-FX
41) Atari Jaguar
42) Epoch Super Cassette Vision
43) Atari XEGS
44) Commodore CDTV
45) Fairchild Channel F
46) iQue Player
47) Pioneer LaserActive
48) Zeebo
49) Tomy Pyuuta Jr.
50) RCA Studio II
51) VTech V.Smile
52) Epoch Cassette Vision
53) Daewoo Zemmix
54) Interton Video Computer 4000
55) Tandy Memorex Visual Information System
56) ZAPiT Game Wave Family Entertainment System
57) Casio Loopy
58) Emerson Arcadia-2001
59) SSD COMPANY LIMITED XavixPORT
60) Bandai Playdia
61) Amstrad GX4000
62) GCE Vectrex
63) Commodore 64 Games System
64) NEC SuperGrafx / PC Engine SuperGrafx
65) Apple Bandai Pippin
66) Konami Picno
67) Bally Astrocade
68) Philips Videopac+ G7400
69) VTech CreatiVision
70) Atari Jaguar CD
71) Nichibutsu My Vision
72) Nintendo 64DD
73) VM Labs Nuon
74) Funtech Super A’Can
75) Capcom Power System Changer
76) APF-MP1000
77) VTech V.Flash
78) View-Master Interactive Vision
79) VTech Socrates
80) Bandai Terebikko
81) LJN Video Art
82) Casio PV-1000
83) Unisonic Champion 2711
84) Mattel HyperScan
85) Gakken Compact Vision TV Boy
86) Takara Video Challenger
87) BBC Bridge Companion
88) Bandai Super Vision 8000
89) Connor VideoSmarts
90) Worlds of Wonder Action Max
91) APF Imagination Machine
92) First Generation

The placement of some consoles on the list doesn't make much sense:

- Sega Pico is 21st, higher than the Neo Geo AES, the Xbox One and the Intellivision.

- The Ouya is 26th, just above the Intellivision and the Neo Geo AES.

- The Vectrex is only 62nd, lower than the Tomy Pyuuta Jr., the VTech VSmile and some other failed consoles/edutainment systems.

- The Wii U is higher than the Atari 2600, the Sega Saturn, the TurboGRafx-16/PC Engine, the Xbox One and the Intellivision, among others.

- The PS3 is higher than the PS1.

- The Xbox is higher than the NES.

Still, it is a great video to learn about extremely rare consoles, don't you think?

Edited by IntelliMission

Honestly that list and the order it is in is bluntly f'ing laughable.  So I voted no.  Now I could point out a lot, and in general having been a fan and had all their hardware, but how does anyone justify placing every Sony console in the top 10?  Placing the WiiU the only 100% failed console from Nintendo that for the only time in their history made them fall into debt not just over a quarter but years ranks above something like the PC Engine/TG16 raises questions too.  Does the person who made this just fanboy pick favorites, bother to do ANY research at all, how about actual thoughts?  The list on the whole is pretty strongly irrational and wrong when factoring in history, sales, fan appreciation during the time and in the years since for staying power.  The list is a dumpster fire of stupidity.

13 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Honestly that list and the order it is in is bluntly f'ing laughable.  So I voted no.  Now I could point out a lot, and in general having been a fan and had all their hardware, but how does anyone justify placing every Sony console in the top 10?  Placing the WiiU the only 100% failed console from Nintendo that for the only time in their history made them fall into debt not just over a quarter but years ranks above something like the PC Engine/TG16 raises questions too.  Does the person who made this just fanboy pick favorites, bother to do ANY research at all, how about actual thoughts?  The list on the whole is pretty strongly irrational and wrong when factoring in history, sales, fan appreciation during the time and in the years since for staying power.  The list is a dumpster fire of stupidity.

Does Virtual Boy count?

I don't like the list. When you have pico at number 21 is a problem.  I can't say with a straight face that the pico better than 70 game consoles. The claim of Sega Pico being better than Coleocvision, Neo Geo, and Intellivison is laughable.

I question research in some facts like not realizing Tandy is connected to Radio shack. Some of the facts were off like the sales figures between The Sega Genesis and the SNES. They claimed SNES outsold the Genesis 2 to 1 and that was false due to Sega Genesis sold over 30 million systems and the SNES sold 49 million units. Their statement about the pc engine CD/Tg-16 CD questions their knowledge on why NEC had that as an attachment. The fact is CD based games contain way more memory than a Hu-card or a game cartridge 

I don't like sales being one of the facts because the rule of thumb is hardware can breakdown. The 360 and the Playstation 32 had bad reputations on that to say the least. The 360 had 84 million units sold, but how many owners bought a 2nd 360 after getting a red ring of death.

2 hours ago, mbd30 said:

Does Virtual Boy count?

Nope, it's kind of a middle ground system, like in one way like a Switch or Vectrex as it is portable and self contained, but it's also not a handheld either so it's like cloudy.  I was just thinking straight console, it was a bomb before it even arrived if you know the developer side back stories leading into it along with the knowns of the nightmarish coding language to compete with Saturn and it's backwards way of pulling audio and visuals, it was basically made to infuriate developers and get nothing but push back if not ignored.  WiiU was dead before it arrived and it's a shame no one but those who were stuck under NDAs could realize that.  Doing that garbage, then blowing a big chunk of the budget on the controller so the hardware wasn't even up to snuff anyway with PS3/360 was as bad if not worse.  Given the fact third parties asked for what they wanted in hardware to get ports of the games Sony/MS would get and Nintendo told them effectively to pound sand because tablet because budget price of a $300 system -- Nintendo shot itself in the foot, and third parties were happy enough to tie them to a post and line up with a firing squad.  Had it not been for the 3DS and their Pokemon juggernaut, Nintendo would be in the same spot financially that Sega was going into the Dreamcast having a 1/2 generation off great system with great games, and so much financial damage well you know...

They probably placed some consoles in a weird position on the list to generate controversy.

And yeah, some of their data is incorrect. The "2 vs. 1" SNES/Genesis sales, showing footage for unreleased games on many consoles (Amstrad, Memorex)...

Also, they clearly suffer from being millennials: Xbox 360 and PS3 as 2nd and 3rd? Yeah right... I think we were lucky to live the 8 bits, 16 bits and 32 bits eras. Younger people just don't get it, apparently.

And I know this is not technically correct, but adding around 20-30 edutainment machines to this list and not including computers with thousands of games is not fair. Yeah, yeah, they are not consoles, but... The problem is that too often it seems we are trying to delete computer gaming from history, when C64, MSX, MS-DOS or ZX Spectrum were massively important and had huge and influential game libraries, much more than many consoles that are pretty well placed in this list. We should move on and speak about gaming machines.

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, 8th lutz said:

I don't like the list. When you have pico at number 21 is a problem.  I can't say with a straight face that the pico better than 70 game consoles. The claim of Sega Pico being better than Coleocvision, Neo Geo, and Intellivison is laughable.

I question research in some facts like not realizing Tandy is connected to Radio shack. Some of the facts were off like the sales figures between The Sega Genesis and the SNES. They claimed SNES outsold the Genesis 2 to 1 and that was false due to Sega Genesis sold over 30 million systems and the SNES sold 49 million units. Their statement about the pc engine CD/Tg-16 CD questions their knowledge on why NEC had that as an attachment. The fact is CD based games contain way more memory than a Hu-card or a game cartridge 

I don't like sales being one of the facts because the rule of thumb is hardware can breakdown. The 360 and the Playstation 32 had bad reputations on that to say the least. The 360 had 84 million units sold, but how many owners bought a 2nd 360 after getting a red ring of death.

Then the original Playstation and PS2 numbers shouldn't be taken seriously as their defective rates were much worse and there was no replacement policy like the 360 had.

9 hours ago, Black_Tiger said:

Then the original Playstation and PS2 numbers shouldn't be taken seriously as their defective rates were much worse and there was no replacement policy like the 360 had.

I'm curious where the 360 should fairly sit even with that replacement they did as so many took the red ring like a badge of honor.  The list was clearly created by either attention whores or idiot without a clue types as there's no rational way to weight much of this list as well done or accurately listed out at all.