IGNORED

Atari Gamer Writers sign up

Dan Iacovelli

Hello, I am in the process of relaunching my old Fanzine "The Atari Zone" which ran for good 6 years and has been reviewed by Arnie Katz in some of his magazines.
the new magazine will be called "The Atari Gamer" and will be sold via magcloud both digital and print. A preview issue will be out in July print at VGS 2020 and digital at out website.
Here is what I'm looking for:
Reviewers: anything Atari game related (looking for homebrew game reviewers as well)
Reporters: convention reviews (usually if I'm attending a convention I would do my own)
there will be no subscription as people can get it from magcloud (print price is based upon # of pages, digital is 2.00 flat)
if your interested please reply to this topic and what you like to do. and I'll get back to you.

Signed up so far:

@Max_Chatsworth: Atari computer game reviews

Edited by Dan Iacovelli
Edited : minus one writer
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 12:27 PM, Dan Iacovelli said:

The Atari Gamer Magazine has been put on hiatus until April 2021,
We are still working for writers though see post above for what we are looking for.
We are hoping for release of preview issue at Midwest Gaming Classic 2021

I am just getting back into my old Atari computers and I have some home hacking/game reviews that I might want to contribute. Is it only open to industry professionals?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Max_Chatsworth said:

I am just getting back into my old Atari computers and I have some home hacking/game reviews that I might want to contribute. Is it only open to industry professionals?

Thanks

no its open anybody who want to write a review or such as long it Atari releated

5 minutes ago, Max_Chatsworth said:

Great...thanks.  I am just getting my old systems up and running. I can't cover events/conventions..too much work and family.  What sort of things would you like to see specifically?

Thanks.

game reviews any thing from 2600 -jaguar (or even Atari computers)  don't worry about conventions coverage not much is going on with pandemic plus I can find other do it.

52 minutes ago, Dan Iacovelli said:

game reviews any thing from 2600 -jaguar (or even Atari computers)  don't worry about conventions coverage not much is going on with pandemic plus I can find other do it.

Ok, well I'll have to do 8 bit or ST computer game reviews as I don't have and never did have the 2600 system, being more of a computer guy than a gamer :).  I'm  a software engineer now.

I'll update you when I have my gear running.  Would it be ok to do review using emulators as it's sometimes easier to screen cap and just actually get the games.

Thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/10/2020 at 8:31 PM, Dan Iacovelli said:

quick update: Atari Gamer launch moved up to July 2021 for VGS 2021
with MGC moved to possible November date  next year figured to have the preview issue out VGS
(we might have an issue for MGC as well though)

we moved the release date to November for MGC, still looking for writers

• 2 years later...

We are still looking for writers
Reviewers: anything Atari game related (looking for homebrew game reviewers as well)
Reporters: convention reviews (usually if I'm attending a convention I would do my own)
also to add to that Convention listings and interviewers( interview of people in  the video game business)

8 minutes ago, brianchilders said:

I'm headed to Midwest Gaming Classic at Milwaukee in a few weeks... if I capture anything related, I will share.

thanks, the zine prob won't be ready for while until I get a good staff started.

2 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

Maybe I can help with game reviews?  I write for Old School Gamer Vectorbolt right now.

trekmd that would be great, as of right now no set date for launch, maybe after pinball expo I'll get it started.
will contact you when we get enough to start

5 minutes ago, Dan Iacovelli said:

trekmd that would be great, as of right now no set date for launch, maybe after pinball expo I'll get it started.
will contact you when we get enough to start

No problem. Thank you! 

• Like 1