IGNORED

Amiga 3000 Value?

Tempest

So I'm thinking about putting my Amiga 3000 up for sale (or trade).  It's in great shape and has maxed out memory (which is hard to find), a 4GB hard drive, one disk drive (other slot has the cover), and has the original keyboard and a new mouse.  I have the latest ClassicWB installed on it with several extras.  The problem is that I never use it, and I figured some Amiga fan would get more use out of it. 

What would such a setup go for?  Ebay says they go for $700+ but that's ebay.   It's in great shape, and the only downside is that the disk drive eject button 'floats' so to speak.  It works, but it's not attached to the drive like it should be although honestly you really can't tell.  You can see a picture of my setup here:

gameroom_2019_new_8.jpg

on ebay be sure to click "sold listings" to get an idea of what people have really paid / are prepared to pay.

many items are listed with a high price but never actually sell, they just sit there then get relisted over and over. these instances are not a useful reference.

however, many buyers on there want something for nothing so it might be worth checking the amibay site. its a more realistic environment for retro buying/selling as the people are more knowledgeable.

2 hours ago, xrbrevin said:

on ebay be sure to click "sold listings" to get an idea of what people have really paid / are prepared to pay.

many items are listed with a high price but never actually sell, they just sit there then get relisted over and over. these instances are not a useful reference.

however, many buyers on there want something for nothing so it might be worth checking the amibay site. its a more realistic environment for retro buying/selling as the people are more knowledgeable.

I do, and that's what they SOLD for.  So yeah they're kind of pricey I guess.

ah no probs ?

if theyre pricey and selling then go for it.

someone interested in an A3000 ought to know more than the average amiga dabbler so you shouldnt have to describe every meticulous detail. the different hardware options will vary the value and an enthusiast will appreciate this sort of thing.

you might get some interest on the buy/sell section here but do check out amibay if you havent already as it has a lot of users who like to collect

On 1/15/2020 at 5:50 PM, tjlazer said:

I’d say $500 to $1,000. Especially if there is no battery leak damage. The nicer the system, no yellowing, no leaks. The more of course!

The battery has been removed, but it leaked a little beforehand.  No damage to the board though.

• 2 months later...