IGNORED

Ultimate 5200 wireless controller setup GBROS style

29 minutes ago, Swami said:

8 bit do’s wireless genesis controller may be a simpler one-and-done solution, although you’ll have eight more buttons than you’ll ever use. 

Yes maybe for 5200.  But for 2600 even though a genesis pad works and is easier.  With a few more adapter I got real 2600 controllers working for authenticity and feel.  A genesis pad is nice.  But real 2600 controllers working on real 2600 jr wirelessly is super cool.  Real are the best.  And wirelessly compared to the bulky rf box back in 1980 something.

34 minutes ago, Swami said:

8 bit do’s wireless genesis controller may be a simpler one-and-done solution, although you’ll have eight more buttons than you’ll ever use. 

And also regarding 5200 8bitdo wireless genesis pads are nice and easier.  But they use batteries and not sure the gbros adapter uses more or less.  Probably less because it just syncs to the other 8bitdo 9 pin adapter.

And also I have to buy 2 genesis 8 bitdo controllers.  Easier but not cheap.  Plus my setup is few more adapters.  But I can use real NES and SNES controllers.  If the 8bitdo controllers break I have to get new ones.  If I use my setup with few more adapters I can just plug in another controller from my collection no problem.  No need to buy new controllers.  Or if they stop making them.  Also I can use my sega fighting sticks also.  Not limited to 8bitdo controllers.

So I'm not real clear about what the adapters are that link to the Masterplay Clone (which is attached to the 5200 by a 15 pin male to female extension)... it may be nice to have Amazon links to these new controller adapters.

Another thing I'm not real clear on is why a 9 pin male to 9 pin female 'Seagull 78' adapter (which gets 9 pin Genesis controllers working on the Atari 7800 two button games) is being used to do things on the 5200.   

I have an 8bitdo Retro Receiver for the NES that can wirelessly connect to a NES 4 score and Camerica wireless NES products, and get any and all NES controllers working on the 5200 (shown in the 1st episode of Wired-Up Retro on Ytube).

Is the Retro-Bit adapter that you have designed to get current-day controllers (ie. Switch) work on the Sega Genesis (9 pin connector)? 

And here are two more questions:

Does your Masterplay Clone which was made by Atariage member, low budget, get 7800 controllers working on the two button 5200 games?

And... what Hyperkin adapters get NES or SNES controllers converted to work with your setup? 

Edited by ave1

• 1 month later...

One more thing, this evening I tried plugging the Genesis Retro Receiver into the Masterplay Clone directly (without using with either the Best Electeonics cable or the Seagull78 in between them) and it's working.  I could've sworn that it wasn't working that way two evenings ago when I initially tried it.  Huh...

Well, I'll mention this in the description of the video and in the comments, so 5200 Masterplay Clone owners won't go spending money on the extra cable that apparently wasn't even needed... 

Edited by ave1