IGNORED

PC spreadsheet question

I suppose you have to ask yourself why you are compiling this spreadsheet and which sort of info you are going to store in each cell. If it is a list of unique formats, you only need a few lines for different CPUs and operating systems but if it is a list of all known models of computers ever released the list will be very long, even without the personal computers. Why not start with putting in as much info as you stumble across and after a while make a decision if you need pruning.

Anyway, as noted before a list of all IBM PC compatible models ever released would be long and quite a challenge to compile though of course it would be a continuous process. As for websites with lists of computers & consoles, there already are a few with small variation in approach and content. I suppose one more wouldn't hurt, as long as it isn't more or less a copy and paste of an existing site.

6 hours ago, carlsson said:

Anyway, as noted before a list of all IBM PC compatible models ever released would be long and quite a challenge to compile though of course it would be a continuous process. As for websites with lists of computers & consoles, there already are a few with small variation in approach and content. I suppose one more wouldn't hurt, as long as it isn't more or less a copy and paste of an existing site.

This site happens to have a computer database. It’s not perfect, but it’s way better than nothing.