IGNORED

Bet on Collectorvision club's 2020 secret game?

youki

Just for fun.

I though it would be  Cavern Fighter  or Circus.

But Retroillucid said in club 2020 post :

It's a port of a popular arcade game (made from scratch) and it has never been released on Atari, Intellivision, ColecoVision, MSX or SG-1000 console

so it can not be Circus  nor Cavern Fighter. ...   any guess?

I'm going way out on a limb here. But, im having trouble trying to figure it out because so many games did in fact get ported to various systems and others have already been ported to Colecovision. But, I've got one (and feel free to shoot me down) that was semi-popular, never ported (as far as I know), and just about fits in the proper time period: Peter Pack Rat.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

I have a feeling it's going to be one of these Exidy arcade games:

Bandido
Circus
Crash (a.k.a. Dodge 'Em)
Crush Roller
Hard Hat

:) 

If it's one of those, I want a refund! ?

From what J-F has said, it is one of the 5 best games that CollectorVision has developed, so I don't think any in your list would qualify. However, someone did show off a Circus WIP in the forums a while ago.

4 minutes ago, NIAD said:

From what J-F has said, it is one of the 5 best games that CollectorVision has developed, so I don't think any in your list would qualify. However, someone did show off a Circus WIP in the forums a while ago.

As in Circus Atari for the 2600?

8 minutes ago, NIAD said:

It seems a bit counter-intuitive that something would be a top 5 arcade game for Collectorvision but no one has been interested in porting it. Will be interesting to see what it is. 

31 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

I have a feeling it's going to be one of these Exidy arcade games:

Bandido
Circus
Crash (a.k.a. Dodge 'Em)
Crush Roller
Hard Hat

:) 

I always liked crush roller/make trax.   I'd be good with that...not so much crash.

Edited by rxmage
Spelling

Sinistar was only ever a prototype on consoles and only released in arcade collections in the late 90s. I could say the same thing about Tempest. 

Of course, I’m still all for Animal Land Murder Mystery, but that’s not an Arcade game and I don’t think anyone will ever translate all the Japanese text into English. 

33 minutes ago, Loafer said:

Crush Roller/Make Trax is a decent game, would be welcome (reminds me of Amidar, was that one ever released for the Colecovision via homebrew?)

Amidar was never made for ColecoVision, probably because Pepper II is the same kind of game, only better.  ;)