IGNORED

Bet on Collectorvision club's 2020 secret game?

youki

2 hours ago, NIAD said:

I was looking thru MAME's listing of Exidy games and when I saw that one, I just had to throw it out there. As far as the Light Gun Controller idea, I saw that someone is working on such a gun controller that works with modern TVs, so the techs at CollectorVision can implement support for old and modren TVs and just add a switch to the gun controller to select which TV it's being used with... ala the switch on the Roller Controller! ?

Sinden light gun only works with PC and PS1/2, currently, but it's still a prototype, so who knows.?

BTW, I hope Sinden is someone's name and not what he calls his "workshop":rolling:

10 minutes ago, JEFF31 said:

My two cents.... I DO NOT care what the game is (well ok if it's pong 2600 upgraded... ? )

Oh no!! You guessed correctly!  Dang it, delete project.  Opps, that already been released as there's a boxset.  Now to undelete that file...

Anyway,

12 minutes ago, JEFF31 said:

I may not have many years left in this life but...

I've paid my money to a group of people that continue to 'amaze' me at what they release (Collectorvision / Opcode / Pixelboy / others). 

Haven't been able to purchase EVERYTHING released :(  (dam it) - but please continue to do the 'job' you do.

I will and I do enjoy making games for the Colecovision as long as I'm on this planet. Thank you.  

Popular Arcade Game never ported to Atari 2600, intellivision, colecovision, Sg1000 or MSX...   

The list should be short...if we consider the period said before 1984.

The question is what means "Popular"..

I would say that almost all "Popular" arcade games from that period has been ported to one of this machine.

DK 3 would be a good guess indeed.  But it is risky.  Even for a "secret game".

I don't think it will be an Exidy Game because i think there is an interest to make it "secret".

But if it is , could be  Death Race or Destruction Derby.

Destruction Derby is in the lineup of collectorvision since 2014 but never released yet (as far i remember).

I have already seen Death Race  on Colecovision but i don't think it has been released officially.

but J-F said in one post somewhere i think " it is one of the 5 best games that CollectorVision has developed"   , i would say death race or destruction derby can not enter in that category.

DK 3 seems more an more a good candidate to my eyes despite the risk.

On another note... 

The reason we've created this club is because there's a bunch of games we would like to release but not as ''mainstream'' releases. 

Hence why we're asking members to not reveal the game(s), but they are free to give the rom file to friends and AA members.

This is EXACTLY why the 2019 Club game was pushed to 2020, simply because we knew a few people would reveal the game publicly.

We're asking the same for EACH year's club, and the more you respect our decision, the more awesome stuff you're going to get! 
If it goes well, we could even ask members to choose next year's game!

But feel free to post your guest, wishes or suggestions, we'll take notes ;)

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 1

Okay then, here's my list of suggestions, just for the heck of it. :) 

I'm limiting myself to (mostly) older arcade games that I believe should fit in a 32K ColecoVision cartridge.

- Amidar
- Bandido
- Blue Print
- Car Polo
- Championship Sprint (optional Steering Wheel support would be nice)
- Check Man
- Columns
- Complex X
- Crazy Balloon
- Cutie Q
- Dig Dug (we need a good version of this one)
- Eyes
- Food Fight
- Funny Mouse
- Hard Hat
- Jungler
- Kaos
- Lizard Wizard
- Mr TNT
- NATO Defense
- Pandora's Palace
- Pit & Run
- Pulsar
- R2D Tank
- Route 16
- Scrambled Egg
- Solar Fox
- Son Son
- Space Zap
- The Electric Yo-Yo
- The End
- The Glob (or Super Glob)
- The Hand
- Thief
- Turtles
- Van-Van Car

29 minutes ago, doubledown said:

Well unless you've also developed an analog joystick for the ColecoVision, Food Fight is out...unless you did something blasphemous and programmed it to use a digital joystick.  

Also, Food Fight was released for the Atari 7800 and XEGS in your blasphemous manner, since the 5200's analog sticks did not go over very well.

We could use more racers so I know it’s blasphemy to suggest a game that is a computer based release, but I’d love “great American cross country road race”. It’s gameplay is similar to pit stop but it’s many tracks  and goal based gameplay would be a good unique title for the colecovision (or for your Phoenix console, like I’d love to see a racer on that!!)

• Like 1

great american cross country road race  is not an arcade game.  It can not be the 2020 secret game.

So JF said it is a 128K game , i think we can remove from the list almost all old exidy game from the list.  They really don't 128k.  And also the list from pixel boy.

I don't think also it is a racer game.

4 hours ago, youki said:

great american cross country road race  is not an arcade game.  It can not be the 2020 secret game.

So JF said it is a 128K game , i think we can remove from the list almost all old exidy game from the list.  They really don't 128k.  And also the list from pixel boy.

Indeed. At 128K, all bets are off. It could be anything.  :) 

29 minutes ago, Phil7833 said:

Super Bagman

Considering the good work done on  CV Bagman, I would hope they make it a wide release along with Phoenix.

That Bagman homebrew had some playability bugs. I hope someday one can be made for the Phoenix with corrections and such. I had one guess as to the secret game but I don't know if the game is possible on a stock Coleco and would hope that it can be released on the Phoenix one day. Although I know the arcade wasn't popular which is why I ruled it out but I was thinking it was ...

Monster Bash!

3 hours ago, AtariBrian said:

That Bagman homebrew had some playability bugs. I hope someday one can be made for the Phoenix with corrections and such. I had one guess as to the secret game but I don't know if the game is possible on a stock Coleco and would hope that it can be released on the Phoenix one day. Although I know the arcade wasn't popular which is why I ruled it out but I was thinking it was ...

Monster Bash!

What were the playability bugs in Bagman homebrew?

26 minutes ago, CanadianTenor said:

What were the playability bugs in Bagman homebrew?

The bad guys couldn't use the elevator for some reason, therefore can't get to you at the very far screen.  I think that can  be fixed by adding a state that the bad guy is on the elevator.  And rolling money bag down the slope been removed. 

After careful consideration, I'm also going to say Donkey Kong 3. It would fit well into 128k.

My MOST desired port on the CV was not an original arcade game: Dino Eggs.

In fact all of the games by David Schroeder:

Dino Eggs

Crisis Mountain

Short Circuit

were all great, I remember playing them all for hours and hours 30+ years ago on my Apple II. They competed heavily with my CV console back in the good old days.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CanadianTenor said:

So is the game a dud given these issues? Thoughts? 

It's mostly playable.  You can gather the money bags and complete levels.  It has the French voices from the arcade.  The enemies will get to you on other screens. Just the one at the far right screen, it can't get to you. 

Just now, Kiwi said:

It's mostly playable.  You can gather the money bags and complete levels.  It has the French voices from the arcade.  The enemies will get to you on other screens. Just the one at the far right screen, it can't get to you. 

That makes the game more fun though
The arcade game is simply too much difficult, it's crazy hard!

12 minutes ago, retroillucid said:

There is a hit detection with the ladders as well 

Good news is we're currently working on a Phoenix (exclusive) version of Bagman 
We should reveal it later this year 

Very Cool. I would imagine how much closer to the arcade the sounds and such this game could be on the Phoenix. Fixing those two issues I spoke of could make this game be awesome!!

22 hours ago, youki said:

GACCRR:  yeah I wasn’t suggesting it was the 2020 club game, there is zero chance of that.  I just think it’s a good fit for the colecovision