Jump to content
BeeryMiller

After Hours BBS Program

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have the complete After Hours BBS program?  I've got the source code for program itself, but I have not been able to find the rest of the package that has all the supporting files, etc.

 

Beery

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Does anyone have the complete After Hours BBS program?  I've got the source code for program itself, but I have not been able to find the rest of the package that has all the supporting files, etc.
 
Beery
Yep not sure if it's the same version tho

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, arcadeshopper said:

Yep not sure if it's the same version tho

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
 

If you can upload it here, or point me towards a link, it would be much appreciated.

 

Beery

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BeeryMiller said:

If you can upload it here, or point me towards a link, it would be much appreciated.

 

Beery

 

pm sent

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting on Matt to update the TIPI with something I found.  I think if what I found is addressed, it will resolve most, if not all the underlying issues.  If it is not resolved, I am going to have to see if I can modify the RECVMSG routine to address a non-responsive condition for the READ routine.  I haven't don't want to go down that route if I don't have too as I do not know if that would hang up any of the PI services.

 

Beery

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 1:18 PM, arcadeshopper said:

how goes this?

 

Just an update.  Matt's latest software update to 1.51 for the TIPI resolved the issue I was encountering with receiving data and a non-responsive client requiring a timeout/reset.  Thus far, everything is working except for the Xmodem Upload.  

 

I need to get that resolved, then I will be ready to start putting that through some testing.


Beery

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I have been testing the current codebase for the TIPI version of AfterHours for the past 24 hours.  If folks want to check things out, please telnet into:

 

URL:  9640news.ddns.net

PORT: 9918

 

I do not have the best internet connection due to being on the very end of the AT&T line.  When it storms, or just whenever, the cable modem connection is subject to being dropped.  Unfortunately, I have no other internet connection where I live.  It is what it is.

 

Feel free to try the board out and feel free to leave either comments on the BBS or on here.  

 

Beery

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

OK, I have been testing the current codebase for the TIPI version of AfterHours for the past 24 hours.  If folks want to check things out, please telnet into:

 

URL:  9640news.ddns.net

PORT: 9918

 

I do not have the best internet connection due to being on the very end of the AT&T line.  When it storms, or just whenever, the cable modem connection is subject to being dropped.  Unfortunately, I have no other internet connection where I live.  It is what it is.

 

Feel free to try the board out and feel free to leave either comments on the BBS or on here.  

 

Beery

I tried to connect a few minutes ago and just a blinking cursor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

Can I connect with this:

mtelnet.thumb.JPG.f91b99cc033346d0d01bb2752430fb85.JPG

:?:

Yes, you would type:

 

o 9640news.ddns.net 9918

 

The “o” is for open, and there is a space between the URL and port number.

 

Beery

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I got the registration procedure, but after the registration the connection lost right now. Any further trial, I get Network error: Connection refused.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

33 minutes ago, wolhess said:

Hi, I got the registration procedure, but after the registration the connection lost right now. Any further trial, I get Network error: Connection refused.

 

Thanks for that feedback.  I rebooted the program right before leaving for work.  It's been quite some time since I went through the registration procedure.  I will test that out tonight to see if there is something amiss.  I just checked and either someone is on the board right now, or the system is not accessible.

 

Will need to do some more investigation...…….

 

Beery

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 hours ago, wolhess said:

Hi, I got the registration procedure, but after the registration the connection lost right now. Any further trial, I get Network error: Connection refused.

 

You should be able to get on now.  Seems like the accountfile was corrupted.  Not sure how/why, but it was.  I copied a replacement accountfile over from my developer system and it would create the new account.

 

So, please try 9640news.ddns.net  at Port 9918 .  

 

I will be around my systems for the next 2+ hours and will be watching the system.

 

Beery

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to connect with the command line telnet program however, the characters are doubled (think half duplex using a modem/terminal).   If you are managing the telnet connection yourself, you might need to send an IAC command or two to suppress the echo.  I did something like this for Heatwave back when I was running a raw connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I am managing the connection myself.  Need to figure out what the IAC command is.  I saw your attempt to login, but did not understand what the issue was until I tried connecting via my telnet connection.  I've got so used to that double-echo on the Windows telnet client, I forgot about it.  


Best bet until I find the right sequence is to call in with a TI application or something the user has echo control.


Beery

 

13 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

I was able to connect with the command line telnet program however, the characters are doubled (think half duplex using a modem/terminal).   If you are managing the telnet connection yourself, you might need to send an IAC command or two to suppress the echo.  I did something like this for Heatwave back when I was running a raw connection.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

I'll need to check it out when I get home tonight.  When I went to bed, all was well.

I connected and started going through the NEW User registration.  Entered my handle and got immediately disconnected.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shift838 said:

I connected and started going through the NEW User registration.  Entered my handle and got immediately disconnected.

 

 

Was that today (3/12)?  It's 9:14 EST, so was that in the past hour or so?   I just created a new account and had no issue with the login.

 

I posted a note to Matt in the Development area and I think there is something going on in the TIPI/PI interface.  

 

Beery

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, BeeryMiller said:

Was that today (3/12)?  It's 9:14 EST, so was that in the past hour or so?   I just created a new account and had no issue with the login.

 

I posted a note to Matt in the Development area and I think there is something going on in the TIPI/PI interface.  

 

Beery

 

Yes, it was less than an hour ago.  I should add, that I tried it from my Geneve with MyTerm.

Edited by Shift838

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

ok I got in this time, and made an account.. hung up and logged back on again fine

 

Greg

Saw the call.  I'm thinking there is some kind of underlying issue on the PI.  At least that is my theory at the moment.


Beery

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...