IGNORED

After Hours BBS Program

9640News

@Beery,

The DSR issue for the three categories CAT13, CAT17 and CAT30 is still there.

The correct "total number of sectors" is now written in the file header, but the value of level 3 is still >3F and this causes the DSR error.

image.thumb.png.93361ff8f1154b4c84eb72b6643449aa.png

If I correct the level 3 value it is working:

image.thumb.png.71f64a0397a9514b6091f94ad7b76475.png

The Gameshelf files that I have added are missing from your EXCEL sheet V3. I've pasted all of my changes into your FileCreator Version 3 file.

So you can make further changes with this file.
I changed the name to "FileCreator Version 3a" and included the BBS folder with all the library files.

BBS-V3.zip

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, atrax27407 said:

You can use PC-TRANSFER when moving the file(s) to the TI and it will strip the 128 byte TIFILES header completely. The TIFILES header is only needed for the actual transfer between the PC and TI. It has no use in running the program on the TI..

In this case, the Excel spreadsheet makes over 200 files to handle 40, 64, and 80 column file area menu lists from the excel worksheet categorized filelists.  And, due to the size/quantity of the file lists, these files can only be managed on a TIPI running the AfterHours BBS program.  It would be really impractical to use PC-Transfer.

I would not even want to consider writing a 4A program to do all the spreadsheet does as there is sorting, grabbing of file sizes, and then the actual file writing process.

Beery

5 hours ago, wolhess said:

@BeeryMiller,

the fileCreator version 4 is working without an error. The BBS Library files are all correct.

Only the file ALLFILES is not correct in the header. The value of level 3 is still >3F XX but this causes no errors.

image.thumb.png.b69178daa3b859b34b035439c9156a0b.png

I think this fixed it.  The ALLFILES was in another macro.

FileCreator Version5.xlsm

• Like 2

This is a complete package with a 2 byte change to the source files to force the caller to select either 40, 64, or 80 column in the event their terminal sends some handshaking characters that blows past the selection.  Wolfgang, Greg had this issue since he was opening a connection over to his BBS.

Beery

AfterHoursDistribution.zip

• Like 2

It should have only sent the sequence once as I had to do that to deal with the Windows telnet client to put it in full duplex mode.

Ah, I know what it is now.  Your side sent some characters, and I looped it back to to resending that sequence as it is interpreting whatever codes it is sending, as individual characters.

I'll try and get a special release out for you this evening.

Beery

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 5:08 PM, BeeryMiller said:

Greg,

Let me know if this fixes the multiple displays for the logging in triplicate prompt issue to the AfterHours version of your BBS from The Keep.

I also included the source file (MAINMENU) if you and/or Wolfgang update your files.

Beery 

AfterHours20201213.zip 54.49 kB · 3 downloads

yep that did it

Greg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

@arcadeshopper and @wolhess

I have updated the AfterHours program to now prompt whether the user wants ASCII (text as is now) or ANSI (new) for the menus. Not that either of you are running AfterHours on a Geneve, but it now runs on the Geneve as well without using Rompage.

For the ANSI support, all that is required is copy the DV80 files in directory AFTER to a new directory, AFTAR.  If any menus are not converted, then it is simply the original ASCII file in the new directory folder that is displayed.

@InsaneMultitasker may have an idea on how one can create on a TI or Geneve the ANSI menus to be a compatible DIS/VAR 80 file in the easiest manner.  I've not created any menus myself, just laid out the support.

When you are ready to do some testing or writing ANSI files, let me know and I will upload the update.

Beery

• Like 3

[mention=25598]arcadeshopper[/mention] and [mention=62965]wolhess[/mention]

I have updated the AfterHours program to now prompt whether the user wants ASCII (text as is now) or ANSI (new) for the menus. Not that either of you are running AfterHours on a Geneve, but it now runs on the Geneve as well without using Rompage.

For the ANSI support, all that is required is copy the DV80 files in directory AFTER to a new directory, AFTAR.  If any menus are not converted, then it is simply the original ASCII file in the new directory folder that is displayed.

[mention=25764]InsaneMultitasker[/mention] may have an idea on how one can create on a TI or Geneve the ANSI menus to be a compatible DIS/VAR 80 file in the easiest manner.  I've not created any menus myself, just laid out the support.

When you are ready to do some testing or writing ANSI files, let me know and I will upload the update.

Beery

Nice I'll check it out

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

Nice I'll check it out

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Greg,

I have attached the source files and the compiled program image files here for you and Wolfgang.

Just copy your respective program image files, and create a new directory called AFTAR and copy the files from AFTER into AFTAR.  Then edit the AFTAR files as necessary.  You will still need the termination character for each line in the file.

210613AFTERHOURS.zip

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, 9640News said:

@InsaneMultitasker may have an idea on how one can create on a TI or Geneve the ANSI menus to be a compatible DIS/VAR 80 file in the easiest manner.  I've not created any menus myself, just laid out the support.

I use Display Fixed 128 format for all of my BBS ANSI and "PC" text files; this was done for a few reasons including (1) to allow uploading of PC text/ansi directly to the system since a non-ti file transfer defaults to this file type and (2) to distinguish them from DV80 text files.  DV80 files typically are output to a caller by adding a CR/LF combination whereas the PC files already contain CR/LF and/or ansi positioning codes. 

The only challenge for me is that when uploading from the PC, the file size is a multiple of the record size (for xmodem, this is 128 bytes).  For PC files without one or more terminating bytes, I run a tool in my remote administration program to add a terminator based on the actual file size.  I have to do this step manually.  

• Like 2

@9640News -  I should have asked what you meant by ANSI menus.  If you are referring to color/ansi code type of files, see my previous post.  If you are referring to IBM graphics type menus without any ANSI escape codes, those can be done easily enough with DV80 files.   Since the late 80s, I've used FunnelWeb to draw all of the basic menus that you see on Heatwave (and S&T BBS) and those are saved as DV80 using the PrintFile option, to avoid saving the tabs information ;)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

@9640News -  I should have asked what you meant by ANSI menus.  If you are referring to color/ansi code type of files, see my previous post.  If you are referring to IBM graphics type menus without any ANSI escape codes, those can be done easily enough with DV80 files.   Since the late 80s, I've used FunnelWeb to draw all of the basic menus that you see on Heatwave (and S&T BBS) and those are saved as DV80 using the PrintFile option, to avoid saving the tabs information ;)

The Graphic style menus are probably the easiest, though ANSI menus should be possible, though it will be limited by no more than 80 characters per line, and it is untested with all the color and ansi escape sequences.