IGNORED

After Hours BBS Program

9640News

>1***<

This is Calvin in the fileroom.

A fatal *DSR* error has occured.
Aborting to top of program, sorry.   

2021-06-14 15:51:07,324 Pab         : INFO     opcode: Open, fileType: Relative,
 mode: Update, dataType: Display, recordType: Fixed, recordLength: 80, recordNum
ber: 0
2021-06-14 15:51:07,325 tinames.tinames: INFO     DSK0.MESG.ACCOUNTFIL -> /home/
tipi/tipi_disk/MESG/ACCOUNTFIL
2021-06-14 15:51:07,325 ti_files.FixedRecordFile: INFO     records loaded: 0, cu
rrentRecord: 0, recordLength: 80
2021-06-14 15:51:07,327 TipiService : INFO     Request completed.
2021-06-14 15:51:07,335 Pab         : INFO     opcode: Read, fileType: Relative,
2021-06-14 15:51:07,336 tinames.tinames: INFO     DSK0.MESG.ACCOUNTFIL -> /home/
2021-06-14 15:51:07,336 ti_files.FixedRecordFile: INFO     reading currentRecord
: 0
2021-06-14 15:51:07,336 TipiDisk    : ERROR    responding with error: 5

>1***<

2021-06-14 15:51:07,324 Pab         : INFO     opcode: Open, fileType: Relative,
2021-06-14 15:51:07,325 tinames.tinames: INFO     DSK0.MESG.ACCOUNTFIL -> /home/
2021-06-14 15:51:07,325 ti_files.FixedRecordFile: INFO     records loaded: 0, cu
2021-06-14 15:51:07,335 Pab         : INFO     opcode: Read, fileType: Relative,
2021-06-14 15:51:07,336 tinames.tinames: INFO     DSK0.MESG.ACCOUNTFIL -> /home/
2021-06-14 15:51:07,336 ti_files.FixedRecordFile: INFO     reading currentRecord

On 6/14/2021 at 4:01 AM, 9640News said:

I have attached the source files and the compiled program image files here for you and Wolfgang.

Hello Beery, thank you very much for the ansi version of the After Hour software. I still have to finish my current work, then I can test the new BBS version.

10 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

>1***<

I take it this is on the most recent  update?  Looks like I will need to test on the TI-99/4A as it was tested only on the Geneve.

23 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

>1***<

@arcadeshopper and @wolhess 

I see the issue.  It was something I started working on when I started setting up for some ANSI support to make things a bit more consistent.  Copy/Move, the file ACCOUNTFIL from the AFTER directory to the MESG directory.  I think that should fix the issue.

• Like 1

[mention=25598]arcadeshopper[/mention] and [mention=62965]wolhess[/mention] 

I see the issue.  It was something I started working on when I started setting up for some ANSI support to make things a bit more consistent.  Copy/Move, the file ACCOUNTFIL from the AFTER directory to the MESG directory.  I think that should fix the issue.
That fixed it thanks
It's going to be a pain getting ANSI into the files I have an idea about using Matt's .txt file name auto conversion though

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

On 6/14/2021 at 11:06 AM, 9640News said:

The Graphic style menus are probably the easiest, though ANSI menus should be possible, though it will be limited by no more than 80 characters per line, and it is untested with all the color and ansi escape sequences.

For ANSI escape sequence (cursor positioning, color, etc) if your file display routine appends cr/lf to each record, you'll almost certainly end up with interrupted commands and/or a cursor on the next line.  If you stick with DV80, one method would be to delineate the file type by using a prefix or suffix, such as "A_MENU1" or "MENU1_A", then use that special pre/suffix to suppress cr/lf for that file.

11 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

That fixed it thanks
It's going to be a pain getting ANSI into the files I have an idea about using Matt's .txt file name auto conversion though

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

For ANSI escape sequence (cursor positioning, color, etc) if your file display routine appends cr/lf to each record, you'll almost certainly end up with interrupted commands and/or a cursor on the next line.  If you stick with DV80, one method would be to delineate the file type by using a prefix or suffix, such as "A_MENU1" or "MENU1_A", then use that special pre/suffix to suppress cr/lf for that file.

At this point, I haven't tried creating any ANSI menus as my initial thought was I was "hopefully" trying to create something simple, yet functional that could be managed by the user.  

@arcadeshopper If you find something that is functional, please post what/how works for you.  The simplest is probably just using the wide range of ASCII characters, but that does not give you the test of using ANSI sequences itself.  I would have to go back and look/confirm at the CHARA1 file, but I think on the TI, characters from 128 to 255 are not defined due to memory restrictions but would display on the caller's system correctly if that emulator was compliant.  

@InsaneMultitasker's idea of the naming convent to suppress the CR/LF can probably be used if the current construct does not work out.

Just let me know what works or doesn't, etc.

Beery

9 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

couple more issues

if you select change width at the main menu, it defaults to ANSI even if i start with ASCII

im having trouble importing ansi into a 80 file since it's obviously wider than 80 .. will continue experimenting

This fixes the ASCI/ANSI issue on Change width.  Had to comment out a couple of lines.

Here are the files.

21060616AfterHours.zip

• Like 2

I have an idea for testing if the ANSI mode has been selected, and if so, suspending the CR/LF from being sent.  Would that make your work simpler?  Just not sure how you are going about getting the ESC character into the DV80 file whether it be from a non-TI program, or if you are doing it from a TI editor program.

Beery

1 minute ago, 9640News said:

I have an idea for testing if the ANSI mode has been selected, and if so, suspending the CR/LF from being sent.  Would that make your work simpler?  Just not sure how you are going about getting the ESC character into the DV80 file whether it be from a non-TI program, or if you are doing it from a TI editor program.

Beery

The hard part is making the file 80 columns.. as the ansi editor in the pc doesn't give a rip about columns   I created the design in a ansi editor, then threw that file into the pi, did a fold on it to get it to 80 columns 

cat t8xtmm.txt  |fold -w 80 -s >MAINMENU.txt

then pulled that file into tiwriter and made the adjustments for CR's and the end of file codes .. 

13 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

The hard part is making the file 80 columns.. as the ansi editor in the pc doesn't give a rip about columns   I created the design in a ansi editor, then threw that file into the pi, did a fold on it to get it to 80 columns 

cat t8xtmm.txt  |fold -w 80 -s >MAINMENU.txt

then pulled that file into tiwriter and made the adjustments for CR's and the end of file codes .. 

Never heard of the "fold" command before.

I guess ANSI is just really 80 columns, as I am not aware of any 40 column ANSI terminal emulators????

I would think for the 40 and 64 columns, you could avoid the color, but you could use the chars 128 and higher for borders to add a bit more spice to the menu.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 9640News said:

Never heard of the "fold" command before.

I guess ANSI is just really 80 columns, as I am not aware of any 40 column ANSI terminal emulators????

I would think for the 40 and 64 columns, you could avoid the color, but you could use the chars 128 and higher for borders to add a bit more spice to the menu.

Telco :)  but no color of course

borders are cluster to do with colors but prob easier to do with 40 col 

• Like 1

so now this is happening.. I think maybe your display routine for T8XTTS is stopping at a certian number of lines instead of looking for the EOF character.. also i hate PC to TI file translations with the heat of 1000 suns SO much manual twiddling to get things back lined up..like im one space off in the example below on a couple lines sigh 

image.thumb.png.fd2aecdb4f3db026e78f31d4830ba002.png