BeeryMiller

After Hours BBS Program

Ok I'll remove yours..

I'll install the latest version today. Been a busy month at work!

Keep at it! I have an idea for solving your port forwarding issue I'll get it to you after I test it.

Greg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

Keep at it! I have an idea for solving your port forwarding issue I'll get it to you after I test it.

Fingers crossed you are thinking of something I may not be aware.

I tried Saturday installing older firmware for my router.  Well, the firmware installed and I had the features I needed to access, however, the Gateway failed to register with AT&T so no internet allowed.  After I installed the current firmware, I got things back to where it was so AT&T was non-the-wiser I was trying to get around their system.

I have  been trying to think of a way to maintain a link to another outside computer, however I am not sure how to then forward the contents of that port connection over to another port connection.  Right now, I am using no-ip.com's ddns setup which updates my dynamic IP with their Windows app.  They don't have a Linux/RPi app that I have seen.  I haven't confirmed, but AT&T's forum tended to suggest the dynamic IP address was frequently changing some time ago and was a reason a number of banks would not allow a secure connection.  I've not seen that issue on my end with my banks.

I'm not sure if one can maintain a continuous link to an external system and then "port forward" from one computer to another????  I would almost have to do that so that the TIPI/PI would answer that connection.

I've even considered adding a separate DSL line back to my house, however I have been told AT&T allows only one internet connection per address.

Anyways, that's been my thinking from my end thus far and what I am up against.

Beery

39 minutes ago, BeeryMiller said:

Fingers crossed you are thinking of something I may not be aware.

I tried Saturday installing older firmware for my router.  Well, the firmware installed and I had the features I needed to access, however, the Gateway failed to register with AT&T so no internet allowed.  After I installed the current firmware, I got things back to where it was so AT&T was non-the-wiser I was trying to get around their system.

I have  been trying to think of a way to maintain a link to another outside computer, however I am not sure how to then forward the contents of that port connection over to another port connection.  Right now, I am using no-ip.com's ddns setup which updates my dynamic IP with their Windows app.  They don't have a Linux/RPi app that I have seen.  I haven't confirmed, but AT&T's forum tended to suggest the dynamic IP address was frequently changing some time ago and was a reason a number of banks would not allow a secure connection.  I've not seen that issue on my end with my banks.

I'm not sure if one can maintain a continuous link to an external system and then "port forward" from one computer to another????  I would almost have to do that so that the TIPI/PI would answer that connection.

I've even considered adding a separate DSL line back to my house, however I have been told AT&T allows only one internet connection per address.

Anyways, that's been my thinking from my end thus far and what I am up against.

Beery

what I am considering is a firewall with vpn capabilities being located outside your network, say on a vm somewhere..  and you could attach to the vpn from your pi. and that should give you a ip address on the firewall's network.. then port forward from there to the ip ..