IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic 2020 - April 3rd - 5th

Nateo

Nope. Not going.

Oh, wait...forget it. I actually bought my ticket and booked my hotel room, so yeah, I guess I'm going.

Pie Factory Podcast will NOT be there as a vendor, but we might do something. What? No idea.

Now, this sounds weird, but I might want to get a bunch of people together in my room for a quick (like ten minutes) recording session to sing a chorus of "O Holy Night." (I'm serious.)

On 1/16/2020 at 10:55 AM, Dauber said:

Now, this sounds weird, but I might want to get a bunch of people together in my room for a quick (like ten minutes) recording session to sing a chorus of "O Holy Night." (I'm serious.)

Ooo, I just sang this a couple Christmases ago with my Glee Club! It's the part I was born to play, baby

Edited by Nateo

On 1/16/2020 at 10:55 AM, Dauber said:

I have a good Trombone arrangement for that...

I'll be there in the museum again with some random systems that no one but me cares about.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Nateo said:

Over/under on whether or not the event ends up cancelled?

Here's hoping not. They released an email stating it's still on but with more precautions. A group the Wisconsin Center is with relased a statement that events are still happening and that cleaning is ramped up.

I wonder, if all goes as planned, if the attendance will be less and by how much?

• Like 1

Tell ya what: if it stays uncancelled, I won't be missing. I've really been looking forward to it -- first time I've been there since 2006 as just...an attendee; it'll be nice to not have to worry about a vendor table for once. Especially looking forward to just...getting away. Don't get me wrong, I love my wife, but I just need to be by myself for a couple of days.

• Like 2

I imagine the outlook will be more clear by around this time next week. My home state is already going nuclear, banning large gatherings, cancelling classes, etc. It's hard to imagine others not following suit. I mean, limiting social interaction is clearly a very effective way to curb the spread of a virus.

• Like 1

Total guess, but I expect it's probably 50/50 right now.

I'm really looking forward to this and it's now only 3 weeks away! :)  It's close to me, but it's been a few years since I've attended this and I'm finally free this weekend so I plan on driving up from Chicago on Saturday April 4th if it is still on.

Anybody know of any good Atari vendors that usually show up for MGC?

17 hours ago, Kaboomer said:

Total guess, but I expect it's probably 50/50 right now.

I'm really looking forward to this and it's now only 3 weeks away! :)  It's close to me, but it's been a few years since I've attended this and I'm finally free this weekend so I plan on driving up from Chicago on Saturday April 4th if it is still on.

Anybody know of any good Atari vendors that usually show up for MGC?

They've been dwindling over the years, but usually you can find at least one table that has decent Atari-era stuff. I was able to pick up some CoCo stuff a couple years ago.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/10/2021 at 1:38 PM, Kaboomer said:

I'm surprised they don't have a new thread here on the AA forums specifically for next month's show!

I know one year I started the post because nobody else did.  But, I'm not going, so I didn't bother.

Maybe the one they currently have planned for next May.