IGNORED

"Clock Master" program strange behaviour

fabrice montupet

Did you ever noticed a problem with the program "Clock Master" for MBP or John´s Clock ? I get a strange behaviour with it.

Hardware used: TI-99/4A/PEB/MBP Card/ FinalGROM99
Software used:  ClockMaster32Kb8.BIN

When I use the "Clock Master"  program after powering on the computer, it gives me erratic time and date, all different each time I power off/on the computer. If I input the good time and date, save the datas, power off/on the computer, I notice that time  and date are not kept, the program gives me erratic information.

Now, if I use the TI Extended Basic program found on the MBP manual, the MBP card saves the clock information that I input. If I power off the computer and power it on a few minutes later, the MBP still gives me the correct time and date. All is working.

Someone has encountered this problem?
Thank you for your feedback

Edited by fabrice montupet

My problem is not new, I had put it aside for lack of time but I nevertheless tried different things. I already tried the Gazoo's version but it crashes: When I launch it from my FinalGROM99, I see the screen of the SETCLOCK program in less than a second, it suddenly disapears, the computer beeps and returns to the main menu.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, fabrice montupet said:

hat I have a MBP, from Cecure Electronics.

Which version of the card do you have?  A picture would help.  I'll look through my old Cecure notes this weekend for anything helpful, though I don't recall ever using Clock Master. If you set the time with XB and then load any other MBP clock-supported program like Jim Johnson's MENU or BOOT, does the time display properly?  Has anyone else successfully used the program with an MBP card?

My card uses exactly the same schematic as you can see in the MBP Cecure manual (the one on ftp.whtech.com).

...I found the problem!
As I had some MM58167BN RTC chips, I remplaced the one on my card with a new one.... And Clock Master is working like a charm!

The thing that I don't understand is why the Extended Basic program works with the bad chip works and not Clock Master. No matter the reason, I threw away the bad IC ?

• Like 2

Possibly something with the interrupt or component out of tolerance.  It happens with the HFDC and geneve clock circuitry, more so when battery backup is introduced.  Of course, when one program works and another doesn't, the first thought is the program is bad :) So testing with another chip or another card is important.

• Like 1