IGNORED

Santa was a bit late...

Mehridian Sanders

no need, the firehose isolates the power..just as if it was plugged into the console directly without the ss..

most people put the disk controller in that slot to allow you to reach that ribbon cable if you have to remove it, otherwise you tend to have to take it out through the drive bay from the front before you can remove the card

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

no need, the firehose isolates the power..just as if it was plugged into the console directly without the ss..

most people put the disk controller in that slot to allow you to reach that ribbon cable if you have to remove it, otherwise you tend to have to take it out through the drive bay from the front before you can remove the card

But it does waste a slot that way...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

A few years back someone was in the process of making card to put the speech in the P-Box.  I think they ended up making a couple, but then stopped short of actually producing them.  That is another project that might be nice to see revived by someone... or maybe a "DOUBLETECH" card with RTC and speech.

• Like 1

So the disk actually works... sorry that took so long .. had to do some emergency repair on the TI modulator which was not entirely successful. Seems this is a double sided disk.dc1be2a5114b2e24945017486b883616.jpgbbf96e0787e13077d73ff2fcad230ac2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah cut off that cable and make it into composite or order one if you want to keep it I have them in stock

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The disk sizes say only SSSD. Are you physically flipping the disk over, like a phono record or cassette tape? If so, you have a homemade "flippy" disk. I used to do that before upgrading to double-sided drives. It works by punching an extra index hole and write-protect notch in the floppy's jacket (but not the disk inside!) You need to make an index hole on both sides of the jacket so the LED can shine through. The bad part is the disk rotates opposite directions when flipped, which can sometimes move some grit around. Pretty common on Apple II, which only had single-sided drives. They used to sell a puncher made to do just that. I still have mine stashed somewhere...

Instead of cutting the modulator cable to convert to composite, you can solder your RCA cables onto the correct spots on the circuit inside the modulator and have it both ways.

-Ed

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ed in SoDak said:

The disk sizes say only SSSD. Are you physically flipping the disk over, like a phono record or cassette tape? If so, you have a homemade "flippy" disk. I used to do that before upgrading to double-sided drives. It works by punching an extra index hole and write-protect notch in the floppy's jacket (but not the disk inside!) You need to make an index hole on both sides of the jacket so the LED can shine through. The bad part is the disk rotates opposite directions when flipped, which can sometimes move some grit around. Pretty common on Apple II, which only had single-sided drives. They used to sell a puncher made to do just that. I still have mine stashed somewhere...

Instead of cutting the modulator cable to convert to composite, you can solder your RCA cables onto the correct spots on the circuit inside the modulator and have it both ways.

-Ed

yeah physically flipping.

-Ed

I remember doing this now!!! Wow... had to dust the cobwebs off that one..
Zaza
My dad's first computer was a Kaypro 16 (think that was it?) 2x 5.25" SSSD, 6" green screen .. keyboard folded up over both and it became "portable" with a locking latch. I remember hearing this "flippy" trick and showed him. He got all excited cause that meant he had to buy less blanks.

Think his brother heard and tried formatting each side differently at one point. Dunno if it worked, but the logic seems sound.

With the modulator, the plastic sheathing had cracked. So I removed the sheathing and went old school on it! Simple but effective. Can also output signal later however I would like.1484452edc97bb2e10bc771847d3745b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk