IGNORED

The Rescue Expedition

Philsan

5 hours ago, pps said:

I received my copy last week, too and the shell seems to be like yours. For me it's not that big problem, as we all do this for hobby most. I will try to adjust the thing and everything is ok for me. The game is the aim here and it pays everything back ;)

Well I'm sure Duddie would replace it for you, like he is going to do for me, if you asked him, anyway. It is supposed to be a collector's item after all. And you are located a lot closer to him than I. But have happy times with your game, whatever you decide. I know I will, I did buy it to play it, not to stick it on a shelf (if that's all I had bought it for, I probably would never even have noticed the cartridge condition actually), but of course the box is on display, since it is a high-quality collector's edition.

Edited by Gunstar

My repaired cartridge works well piggy-backing my customized SDX Super cartridge, with the same type of case, plugged into my modified 1200XL cartridge port.:cool:

20200218_092026.jpg

20200218_091951.jpg

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 9:37 AM, skr said:

I´ve just put the Cartridge into my stock NTSC 800 XL and it seems to run fine. :)

Interesting. I've noticed some graphical issues and assumed it was because the game was PAL even though it doesn't roll. I think it's an amzing package and game.

Maybe @Duddie can clarify the NTSC question?

hello folks,

the game is NTSC compatibile, the only issue that could appear is the flickering of one sprite. The game was heavily tested on NTSC in Altirra emulator, but neither me nor other testers had the actual machine, so tests on real machine were not too deep, but nevertheless I think it will work on NTSC machines just fine

Edited by gorgh
typo
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Duddie said:

Gunstar, pps - please send me an e-mail or PM with your addresses, please. I will send new cases and labels.

Thanks for the offer... But for me everything is OK. I adjusted the cart a bit just for optical pleasure. The label and cart are total OK now ? And as I wrote before here, the game is the star, not the cart ?

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am playing The Rescue Expedition on my ntsc Incognito 800, though you have to force the cartridge in for it to work so I'm using @Dropcheck 's 1200 XL cartridge extender which I put in an early Atari cartridge case luckily I bypass the door power switch.

20201026_221015.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...