IGNORED

Antarctic Adventure for Intellivision - work in progress

cmadruga

13 hours ago, artrag said:

The new outpost animation is excellent. Would it be possible to make the flag in its penultimate frame a bit shorter ?

It seems slightly too tall when compared to its last size when it is closest to the screen.

Good catch. You probably noticed I made the flag pole shorter on the last frame, but indeed I forgot to shorten it on the penultimate.

Probably a discussion better handled at the Programming forum, but I'm trying to find a way to add details to the flag... The flag itself is a sprite and all other sprites are already in use. 

Edited by cmadruga

2 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

WOW!!!    I came to AtariAge because I was led to believe people didn’t  body shame  penguins here.   I guess I was wrong about that.   So very, very wrong.   
? ? 

:lolblue:   you got that wrong..  I was body shaming the seal !

image.png.dba27754358b851efefb64dfb596b234.png

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

WOW!!!    I came to AtariAge because I was led to believe people didn’t body shame penguins here.   I guess I was wrong about that.   So very, very wrong.   
? ? 

Speaking of body shaming penguin, maybe this Famicom game is next to be ported to the Intellivision. ;)

That's the same penguin as in Antarctic Adventure: Penta!

I didn't know that game, very nice!

What's ironic is that in the sequel to Antarctic Adventure - called Penguin Adventure - Penta goes through a lot of trouble to save the female penguin, Penko.

It seems that Penta became fat after that, and Penko gave him the boot and exchanged him by someone else.

So much for gratitude and true love!

Edited by cmadruga
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, cmadruga said:

That's the same penguin as in Antarctic Adventure: Penta!

I didn't know that game, very nice!

What's ironic is that in the sequel to Antarctic Adventure - called Penguin Adventure - Penta goes through a lot of trouble to save the female penguin, Penko.

It seems that Penta became fat after that, and Penko gave him the boot and exchanged him by someone else.

So much for gratitude and true love!

Videogames are teaching the kids the real life. ;) 

5 hours ago, jcalder8 said:

Love the sound effects but I would love to have little beeps as the penguin is trying to climb out of the holes. Still amazing work!

So far I've been trying to replicate what I see in other versions, none of which include the sounds you describe, I think.

However, that's not to say it wouldn't work well... I will put it in the queue.

At the moment, I'm trying not to mangle country flags too much... 

aa_flags.png

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, carlsson said:

When the cold winter sets in and it becomes hard to find food, perhaps all that extra body fat comes handy. I keep telling myself that is why I don't try harder to lose my overweight, that one day I'll need the fat to survive.

So what your telling me is the hour I spend a day on the treadmill is basically digging my own grave. ?    Not the first time I’ve been doing it all wrong.  

• Like 1