IGNORED

Antarctic Adventure for Intellivision - work in progress

cmadruga

3 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Btw, doesn't New Zeeland have red stars or did they change their flag recently? (ISTR there was a change made a few years ago)

You are right, they do have red stars currently! Did they change?

The NES version shows white stars, that's why I did the same. Can't remember what the MSX version does...

6 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Looking forward to seeing the Canadian flag ?? ?

You know, it’s an interesting question.

AFAIK, the Canadian flag does not appear on any versions of the game.

I suspect the reason is because Canada does not have a real life research station in Antarctica? I think that was the rationale for the list of countries in the game: a partial list of research stations circa 1984. Some countries were excluded and others have built stations since then.

So, to be fair I think I will simply stick with the original! Nothing against Canadians, you guys are great! ?

Nothing against Germans, but the original versions of the game unfortunately do not show your flag either ?

Per the Wikipedia link, 42 countries have stations there nowadays... the game has only 10 stages!

What you see in my previous pictures IS the complete list of countries listed on the original games.

6 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

Nothing against Germans, but the original versions of the game unfortunately do not show your flag either ?

Per the Wikipedia link, 42 countries have stations there nowadays... the game has only 10 stages!

What you see in my previous pictures IS the complete list of countries listed on the original games.

dang

;) 

1 hour ago, Sinjinhawke said:

According to the flat earth people Antarctica is just part of a giant ice ring surrounding the earth which would include the Canadian Arctic.   So for the purpose of getting my flag in the game I’ll support the flat earth people this one time.  

I might as well add polar bears to the game then, since Arctic and Antarctic are all the same ring? Cool

• Like 2