IGNORED

Data East hand helds

Lord Innit

I've seen them but have not tried them. I'm somewhat curious about the many unbranded games and wonder if there are any hidden gems or relabeled classics hiding there (kinda doubt it). 

Part of me is glad to see the old Data East games being so available. The other part notes the same stuff everywhere, on AtGames Flashback, on Johnny Turbo Arcade for modern consoles, and on mini handhelds and tabletop arcade machines. So much Burgertime, now more than ever. 

Just realised I posted thic topic in the Atgames sub forum. Doh!

Anyway, I have tried out one of the consoles and the Data East games are the NES versions and play ok. The controls are pretty responsive.  Not sure what the other 300 games are all going to be like though.  What I have played so far is very unlikely to be revisited. I suppose there will be a handful of games that will be worth the bother, I just don't know whether I can be bothered to try out all 300 games to find out.  The screen is too small for me to get any real enjoyment out of these things anyway. 

I've asked a moderator to move the thread on your behalf. I think that's easily done. 

Too bad the filler games aren't so hot. I guess the same is true even if we had the full NES library. 95% of everything is crap. 

NES Burgertime and other Data East games are OK; I'd just as soon have a mobile emulator where I can change things around. That's another reason I've been avoiding these games. I wonder who's buying them? Kids who want retro-gaming but don't know any better?

Jason Isaacs (in your signature) is a handsome and talented person. 

5 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Jason Isaacs (in your signature) is a handsome and talented person. 

It's a reference to a radio show podcast I listen to.  Kermode and Mayo's Film Review.  Jason Isaacs is a good friend of the show (he went to school with Mark Kermode) and "hello to Jason Isaacs" is often put in emails they read from their listeners.  In fact, Isaacs often has people saying it to him in public.  

• Like 1

The 300 games are the same garbage that got reviled reviews and a few laughs being basically clones with worse graphics of old NES games (but mostly sub-homebrew bad stuff) that went into their original handhelds and mini tabletop arcade toys for a few years leading into their licensed arcade tabletops.  I've known people who got them and they seem to think the NES games they're using run great, same could be said of that other blue/white typically handheld that has a mix of Capcom and DE titles along with Tetris on it.  They're basically nice for what they are, but unless you really want just the games listed, they're a novelty at best but also far better than the junk they pushed before getting rights to well made games to sell.