IGNORED

slimey seller, report as fraudulent if you don't mind

masschamber

So a few months ago I bought this exact item from this seller, but he found out it was more valuable then he sold it to me for, blocked me from communicating with him, said it got lost in the mail , so if you'd like to stop the dishonest party from winning on ebay, report it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Lot-Of-Over-30-Prototype-Developmental-Cartridges-8-LYNX-Cartridges/283747371270?hash=item4210a94906:g:ykAAAOSweI9eIW-V

9 minutes ago, MrVideoGames said:

But is the item actually fraudulent?  Is it ethical to mark this sale as fraudulent if the item isn't? 

yes it is a fraudulent sale, ebay told me themselves, he is committing fraud because he broke the contract of the previous sale and is effectively selling something that doesn't belong to him

Fraudulent doesn't sound like the best word to use from the info provided.  If he relisted the items and the OP has pictures (or cached page) from the first auction showing the items are the same ones I would report the seller to eBay for being dishonest and failing to honour the first sale; eBay terms of agreement.

Just now, saunders104 said:

Fraudulent doesn't sound like the best word to use from the info provided.  If he relisted the items and the OP has pictures (or cached page) from the first auction showing the items are the same ones I would report the seller to eBay for being dishonest and failing to honour the first sale; eBay terms of agreement.

unfortunately they don't have that option,

7 minutes ago, masschamber said:

unfortunately they don't have that option,

Why weren't you able to leave negative feedback?  I'm assuming you got a refund?  While I have no doubt the odds are likely as you state them, what is stopping the seller from saying that the items were found in the mail and returned to him?  You haven't given us any more details about your original sale.  Screenshots?  Date?  Price?  I think it's against eBay's terms to falsely report against someone which you are basically asking us to do on your word alone with no proof.

1 minute ago, saunders104 said:

That sucks.  I hope you get/have gotten your money back at least..

yeah, but I'm sick of ebay backing the dishonest party, The number of times I've gotten back "broken" systems that had all the chips pulled, or completely different items is just grating on me yet this guy gets away with being the cheat

3 minutes ago, MrVideoGames said:

Why weren't you able to leave negative feedback?  I'm assuming you got a refund?  While I have no doubt the odds are likely as you state them, what is stopping the seller from saying that the items were found in the mail and returned to him?  You haven't given us any more details about your original sale.  Screenshots?  Date?  Price?  I think it's against eBay's terms to falsely report against someone which you are basically asking us to do on your word alone with no proof.

because he canceled the sale claiming lost in the mail, ebay stopped me from leaving feedback, but it was never even mailed, here's the original tracking, never even dropped off at the post office 9405508699939419103428

plus he blocked all communication with me before I ever contacted him

here's the original listing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Atari-Lynx-Hand-Held-Game-Console-see-Details-AS-IS/283681913829?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

plus the guy seems to be a car salesman for his full time job,

9 minutes ago, masschamber said:

because he canceled the sale claiming lost in the mail, ebay stopped me from leaving feedback, but it was never even mailed, here's the original tracking, never even dropped off at the post office 9405508699939419103428

plus he blocked all communication with me before I ever contacted him

here's the original listing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Atari-Lynx-Hand-Held-Game-Console-see-Details-AS-IS/283681913829?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

plus the guy seems to be a car salesman for his full time job,

As much as it sucks, this doesn't rise to the level of being a fraudulent listing on eBay.  They define fraudulent as "The listing has items being sold without the owner's authorization."  None of the other categories they have qualify for this type of case.  Since you were refunded (I'm assuming) your previous case will count as a "defect" on the seller's account which will cause problems for them if they do it multiple times.  I feel for you but it's improper to ask for third-parties to report this item as fraudulent.  

21 minutes ago, MrVideoGames said:

As much as it sucks, this doesn't rise to the level of being a fraudulent listing on eBay.  They define fraudulent as "The listing has items being sold without the owner's authorization."  None of the other categories they have qualify for this type of case.  Since you were refunded (I'm assuming) your previous case will count as a "defect" on the seller's account which will cause problems for them if they do it multiple times.  I feel for you but it's improper to ask for third-parties to report this item as fraudulent.  

His refund was done under false pretenses,  which is fraud, 

Look if he lied and said it was lost, they have that saved as well as any message you two would have had.  They could through a supervisor, not the default card reading overseas idiot you start with though, could dig and realize the listing now is the same item because it's just that unique.  Get a supervisor, point out what the guy did, and they will handle it, or at least they should.  Anything is possible from forcing the sale to be honored still as sales on there is a business contract to punishing him upward to banning for doing what he pulled.  If it was just some common Nintendo game, then no you couldn't prove it, but unique boards with good pictures like that is a dead give away of being slime.

They could kick him from ebay for violating their terms...I don't see how they will or could force him to honor the sale, unless the threat of that kick and losing all that feedback is worth that much to him. Could be I suppose, but I sure doubt it.

mass if you don't mind....how much did you pay the first time? Edit: Oh see your original listing now....wow kind of a HUGE difference!

Side deals and seller's remorse are an unfortunate fact of life on eBay. Not very long ago, eBay would have a two-day or so delay before publishing sold items, so it was possible to have your purchase in the mail before those wanting to make a side deal even knew it was for sale. But now it's immediate.