IGNORED

2019 Atari Homebrew Awards: Nomination Results

VOTING HAS STARTED!!

The voting is now underway for the 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards! Thank you for your patience while the technical issues were being worked on and huge thank you to @Albert for getting it all sorted out!! Make sure you vote in all the categories for your favourite games of 2019 in the links below!

Atari Homebrew Awards Categories (VOTE IN ALL!!):

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 6

42 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

VOTING HAS STARTED!!

The voting is now underway for the 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards! Thank you for your patience while the technical issues were being worked on and huge thank you to @Albert for getting it all sorted out!! Make sure you vote in all the categories for your favourite games of 2019 in the links below!

Atari Homebrew Awards Categories (VOTE IN ALL!!):

will be voting soon I'll update my calendar and send out notices on my list.

• Like 2

I noticed that the following games in the 2600 best homebrew d/l pack are demos: Aardvark, Galagon and Wizard of Wor Arcade. the ones you played on the stream was the final version.  is there a difference between the demo  Rom and final version. I want to be sure I'm playing and voting on the right games.

• Like 1

The differences for Aardvark are:

• Eight predefined game modes which can be individually adjusted
  • Three of these modes are called "Wild", they add additional elements to the game (e.g. blocking a tunnel, laying new eggs, hunting for the tongue)
  • SaveKey support for each game mode.

Just now, Thomas Jentzsch said:

The differences for Aardvark are:

• Eight predefined game modes which can be individually adjusted
  • Three of these modes are called "Wild", they add additional elements to the game (e.g. blocking a tunnel, laying new eggs, hunting for the tongue)
  • SaveKey support for each game mode.

so my guess the finished rom isn't available to vote on for those and we are supposed determine on the demos, thanks thomas for the information.

POLLS ARE CLOSED!

Thank you so much to everyone that participated in voting in the 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards this year. Make sure you tune in on February 1st for the LIVE presentation of the Awards show on ZeroPage Homebrew's Twitch Channel! We will have live video acceptance speeches by the winners and all of the ZPH co-hosts will be there presenting the awards!

2019 Atari Homebrew Awards Live Presentation

February 1, 2020 @ 12:00PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT

on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, SpiceWare said:

Regrettably I won't be able to watch it live, my nephew and I will be in Austin this weekend attending Fully Charged LIVE. Would be cool if we got to experience a Tank Turn in the forthcoming Rivian truck.

Very cool Darrell! I've been watching Robert Llewellyn's videos since he was doing the 'Carpool' series driving around his friends in his electric car, and of course decades of Red Dwarf before that. Enjoy, wish I could be there! The Rivian truck looks amazing.

You'll be able to catch the Award Presentation when it's posted the next day on YouTube. ?

- James

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

POLLS ARE CLOSED!

Thank you so much to everyone that participated in voting in the 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards this year. Make sure you tune in on February 1st for the LIVE presentation of the Awards show on ZeroPage Homebrew's Twitch Channel! We will have live video acceptance speeches by the winners and all of the ZPH co-hosts will be there presenting the awards!

2019 Atari Homebrew Awards Live Presentation

February 1, 2020 @ 12:00PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT

on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch Stream

I will try to make it to the stream, however different timezones and a 7 week old child could change that idea ?

46 minutes ago, TwentySixHundred said:

I will try to make it to the stream, however different timezones and a 7 week old child could change that idea ?

Congratulations on your expanded family! The awards will be available on YouTube the next day if you're not able to make it. Hope you can make it!

- James

• Like 1

ATARI HOMEBREW AWARDS

ARE TOMORROW!!

The 2019 Atari Homebrew Awards, celebrating the best in Atari homebrew will stream LIVE TOMORROW on ZeroPage Homebrew's Twitch stream starting at 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT) ! Find out results that YOU VOTED on for your favourite Atari 2600, 8-Bit/5200 and 7800 homebrew games with live video/audio acceptance speeches from the winners!

SATURDAY FEB 1, 2020

12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT

STREAMING: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

726869359_20200131-2019AtariHomebrewAwardsTomorrow.thumb.jpg.981bd6671e598c630f6e08438a8d4e3a.jpg

• Like 1

Just finished watching the replay on Twitch.  :-oWow:o, the entire presentation looked great, very professional. The Oscars have nothing on you guys.

Congratulations to all the nominees and winners and thank you for continuing to support our precious consoles.  

• Like 3

2019 ATARI HOMEBREW AWARDS RESULTS

Thank you everyone for an amazing event today. Congratulations to all the nominees and the winners!

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Atari 2600: Best Homebrew ≤4K
1) Amoeba Jump by Dion Olsthoorn "Dionoid"
2) Space Game 2KB by Karl Garrison "Karl G"
3) Caverns by Harold Thijssen

Atari 7800: Best Homebrew
1) Rikki & Vikki by PenguiNet "TailChao"
2) Baby Pac-Man by Bob DeCrecenzo "PacManPlus"
3) Draker Quest II by Clark Otto "frankodragon"

Atari 2600: Best Packaging
1) Rally Racer by More Work Games
2) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games (packaging by Dave Dries)
3) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games (packaging by Dave Dries)

Atari 2600: Best WIP
1) Zoo Keeper by Champ Games
2) Ninjish Guy in Low Res World by Vladimir Zuñiga (aka John Von Neumann) "vhzc"
3) Penult by Karl Garrison "Karl G"

Atari 8-Bit/5200: Best Homebrew
1) Gravity Worms - Krzysztof "xxl" Dudek, Jakub "Aceman" Szeląg, Kamil "Vidol" Walaszek
2) Jet Set Willy 2019 - Terence "Tezz" Derby (original game by Matthew Smith)
2) Wasteland - Michael Jaskula

Atari 2600: Best Music & Sound
1) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games (sound by Mike Haas with Ross Keenum)
2) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games (sound and music by Ross Keenum)
3) Aardvark by Oscar Toledo Gutiérrez "nanochess" and Thomas Jentzsch (design and coding), Nathan Strum (graphics and packaging)

Atari 2600: Best Graphics
1) Aardvark by Oscar Toledo Gutiérrez "nanochess" and Thomas Jentzsch (design and coding), Nathan Strum (graphics and packaging)
2) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games (graphics by Nathan Strum)
3) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games (graphics by Nathan Strum)

Atari 2600: Lifetime Achievement Award
Albert Yarusso

Atari 2600: Best Homebrew
1) Galagon (Galaga) by Champ Games
2) Aardvark by Oscar Toledo Gutiérrez "nanochess" and Thomas Jentzsch (design and coding), Nathan Strum (graphics and packaging)
3) Wizard of Wor Arcade by Champ Games

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

2019 ATARI HOMEBREW AWARDS RESULTS

Thank you everyone for an amazing event today. Congratulations to all the nominees and the winners! You can watch the replay on Twitch or when it's posted on YouTube tomorrow!

Thanks for the great awards show and congrats to all the winners!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 1/22/2020 at 9:06 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

The ROM is not released, but you should be able to evaluate sound and graphics from the available video.

Yeah they need to remove the text from their site that says "COMING SOON as free download".  It gets rather annoying when people say they will release something and then a large amount of time passes and nothing happens.  I've seen it happen to many times enough for it to be annoying.

Not that I'm complaining.. just saying...

Edited by Shannon

26 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Yeah they need to remove the text from their site that says "COMING SOON as free download".  It gets rather annoying when people say they will release something and then a large amount of time passes and nothing happens.  I've seen it happen to many times enough for it to be annoying.

It's like those old school websites that say 'Under Construction' forever and ever and ever, hahah.

23 hours ago, Shannon said:

Not that I'm complaining.. just saying...

Probably will not be released until all 100 copies of Spaceman Splorf are sold at Packrat Video Games......