IGNORED

Intellivisionaires

Nice.  This is why you should never throw out ac adapters.

Did you try setting the intellivision to both channel three and channel four output.  It could be simply that the TV isn't tuning in precisely.  Test on another TV if you can.

Edited by mr_me

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I don't think you should worry about the power supply, unless you need it for your modem.

That donkey kong cartridge is probably better as a paper weight anyway.

No lol I bought this power adapter for 1.25 at a thrift store, guess I got really lucky. I’ll try and trade the cartridge for something else. So for 26.25 I have a working Intellivision 2. 

Edited by 2600Ibarelyknewher
  • Like 1

SOME of the DK, Venture and Carnival carts will work with an Intellivision II.

But I don't know how to tell them apart?  I think I have white carts that may be new versions that get past the copyright date lockout.

I never play these games on the Intellivision, the colecovision versions are much better.

I have them all of course...  But I don't think I have even tried Mouse Trap.  That may be okay... Will need to dig these out.

Another option is to get a multi-cart.  INTY II versions of these Roms are around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2600Ibarelyknewher said:

So are some games only Intellivision 1 compatible ? Which version of the console is better to have? 1 or 2?

For me, I like the Intellivision 2 because of the replaceable controllers.

However,it is well established that an Intellivision 1 has easier to press side buttons.

I am sure there are lots of opinions out there....

• Like 1

Sears is best ;)

And just those games he listed only dont play on the intellivision 2, they do on the rest.

Intellivision 2 is nice with external psu to run cooler....but the controllers are not good other than they are not hardwired. And the power button sucks.

I noticed the controllers buttons are not really that responsive. The only buttons that seem to work well are some of the number buttons. It has some really good graphics and the sound is pretty good as well. I have to say compared to Atari 2600 the  intellivision 2 is really quite good on the graphics side of things and sound is slightly better. It would be an even better console with the ability to use a Sega Genesis controller.

Edited by 2600Ibarelyknewher

6 minutes ago, Lathe26 said:

Regarding the black-and-white images on one TV, I have 2 video capture devices (same manufacturer) for my PC and the Intellivision video looks exactly like your TV.  When I plug the Intellivision into 2 other TVs, the video looks fine.

I wonder if it’s just a problem with these Intellivision consoles on LG TVs, but with what you’ve stated it seems that way. 

Some newer tvs just wont accept certain old rf signals. You could try a signal amplifier or running thru an old vcr can often be enough to trick them into seeing them.

Often they show the inty as black and white for a second. Then the color pops in, its all about what the tv can sense in the signal and i think it just puts out a weak color signal in general.

My hauppauge device refused to even see a 2600 signal from a good console.

17 minutes ago, stupus said:

Some newer tvs just wont accept certain old rf signals. You could try a signal amplifier or running thru an old vcr can often be enough to trick them into seeing them.

Often they show the inty as black and white for a second. Then the color pops in, its all about what the tv can sense in the signal and i think it just puts out a weak color signal in general.

My hauppauge device refused to even see a 2600 signal from a good console.

I see colour for a second on my LG tv but then it goes black and white and stays black and white. It also has lines going up and down the screen. The sounds seems perfectly fine. I was about to take the RF shielding off  inside the console and go to soldering lol good thing MR. said something before it was too late about trying another tv! My advice to anyone with these consoles is to try multiple TVs with this when having this issue.